Conversion to a 150 155 speedo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion to a 150 155 speedo

I recently bought a z28 convertible and realize it has a 120mph speedo, how do you go about changeing it to a 150 - 155?

I haven't done it yet, but junkyards and sometimes ebay has them. I heard its tricky to get the needles correct. You need to replace the entire console.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

You swap the entire "cluster" with the high MPH version, from a junkyard. You can't just put on an "overlay", and you don't have to swap the needles.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If you put in the new cluster do you have to have computer work done to make the spedo read right or does it just adjust itself?
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Why not get a 200Mph version?

You didn't say what year.

Take a look:

Granatelli Motor Sports 200Mph Speedometer

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
          X