Basic electrical help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic electrical help needed

I'm a newbie when it comes to electrical work, and could use your guys' help.

I made another post about my turn signal, and you guys' helped me discover that it was my relay. Now i need to know how to replace it.
    Where is it? and how do i go about switching it?

Also, when i go to autozone today, what exactly am i buying? On their site i saw something for a turn signal switch, am i getting that or should i just ask for a relay? I have no idea if they are universal, or if i need a specific type of relay for my turn signal.
    Just wanna make sure i get it done right

Thanks again guys

chris
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

I didn't follow the last thread on the flashers.... so I'm not sure about a "relay". Generally, when the flashers don't work, its the "flasher" module. Maybe that is what someone called the relay. Its under the dash, to the right of the steering column.

See photo, courtesy of Shoebox:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thank you!
      Tried getting a relay for the turn signal, and realized that no place sold them, which made me start to believe it didn't exist. Every place told me it was a flasher, but before i spent $$$ i wanted to come back on here and see your guys' input.

Thanks Fred, i appreciate it
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
      X