Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB - question for vets of the middleast.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - question for vets of the middleast.

My brother responded to an email I sent him. The email was a few pictures of Iraqi people showing support for US involvement. They were handing out school supplies to kids, smiling with thumbs up, Iraqis holding up "thank-you" signs for soldures and GWB. I though the pictures showed the truth that the madia has been hiding, that the Iraqis are happy to have US involvement.

here is his reply:

Originally posted by from email
    OK...

First - If you don't already know, the "thumbs up" in Iraq is the equivalent
    of the middle finger for you and I.

Second - That woman holding the sign saying she is happy looks miserable.

Third - Children getting free things are always going to be happy.

1+2+3=Propaganda
    Is my brother right? Are these types of pictures just a bunch of propaganda hiding the fact that the Iraqi people hate us? I'd like to think that he is wrong.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

3- very True
    2- I would have to see the picture
    1-need research on that
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Working...
    X