Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Parking Brake Cable... Man do do I need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Parking Brake Cable... Man do do I need help!

Hi Guys!

I have a problem with my parking brake cable on the drivers side. The clip on the end of the cable that goes through the drivers side rear caliper is broke and the cable won't let my parking brake work right.

Do I have to buy the whole brake cable since the clip has broken. It also won't let the parking brake work at all!

Next question, how hard is it to replace the cable where it comes from that little T-like section on bottom of car above drive shaft. What is involved? anyone have pictures of how you remove the cable?

Last thing, I am just going to go ahead and replace brakes and rotors because they need it. Car has 83 kmiles with original rotors. Anyone have any advice and pointers for me?

I know I'm a lot of trouble but I need your help! Pleeeeease!

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

You will want to remove the driveshaft to get easy access to the e-brake Y. The cables are easy enough to replace, but I don't think you'll find the clip. I would pick one up from a local wrecking yard and install it.

Comment

Thanks Joe!

On the piece where the cable splits as two to go to each wheel. How do you get the cable to come out of the braket above the drive shaft?

Thanks Lee!
      Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Remember the old bicycle brake cables when you were a kid? The round pill shaped end goes into the hole and tension keeps it tight. Same thing.... the end goes into the hole and a channel for the cable holds it straight, tension from the cable assembly keeps it there.

Comment

Working...
        X