G2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2

im going to buy some G2 subframe connectors. Anybody heard anything about their quality? Anybody using any of their parts currently? Just want to know if its a reputable company, but i suppose it is if lmperformance sells them.
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

G2 is made by LG Motorsports. They are "reputable".... but in my opinion tend to be over priced, and customer service can be extremely poor.... shipping the wrong parts (twice - the replacement was also wrong). Some of their parts are of questionable value - the cold air intake package comes to mind.

I have the G2 shock tower brace. Well made, and a unique design that wasn't available elsewhere.

For SFC's with the "cross-brace" feature, you might also want to condider SLP. I believe theirs may be a little less expensive than the G2's.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

well im picking them up for only $150 brand new, never installed. That sounded like a pretty good deal to me versues buying any similar product brand new at anywhere between $100-$150 more. I want to stiffen out the suspension, its getting a little poor. I heard SFC's are the best suspenion mod to do first. I already have a shock tower brace so this is next on my list.

also whats the cross braced style as opposed to any other style and what are the pros and cons of each
      -Lou -

Comment

SFC's won't help a worn suspension... they'll just keep the front and rear subframes from twisting separately under heavy cornering or drag launch loads. If your suspension is "getting poor", I'd replace the faulty parts first.

Some SFC's simply use a box-shaped or circular tube to connect the front and rear subframes on each side.... a single piece on each side, like these from BMR:

Others, like the ones you mentioned from G2, or the ones from SLP, or the Kenny Brown Double Diamonds have the tube on each side, but then add an "X" shaped cross-brace that connects the two sides together. This SLP design is $230 in the "weld on" configuration:

The cross-braced are going to be stronger, but are probably more critical to a vehicle that is heavily auto-x'd or road raced. Drag racers seem to prefer the simpler tubes. The cross-braces can also cause problems if you want to go to a dual exhaust system.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I've got the SLP bolt-on's on my Z and love the heck out of them. Its a great alternative if you're not able to get a hold of a welder IMHO. Ride quality is greatly improved since she no longer bounds over bumps and she corners like she's on rails almost. Granted, they're over $300, but well worth it, again IMHO. Just thought I'd chime in on that.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

i didn't know that the g2's were crossed braced. I dont think that the guy im buying the off of is selling them with the v-braces. Are theses crucial pieces. Will they still be worth getting with out the v-braces for only 150
            -Lou -

Comment

Working...
            X