Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the SLP Loudmouth LT1 exhaust kit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the SLP Loudmouth LT1 exhaust kit.

What exactly is the LT1 exhaust kit that you need to buy if you want to use the Loudmouth exahust? I mean what do you pay $75 for (single cat version), just some clamps and extra piping? I want to see if it is some thing my local exahust shop can just fab up instead of paying $75+ for a kit.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Here's a thread from the recent past which should answer your question, or give you info how others feel about it.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...dmouth+install

You can also do a search on this site with loudmouth + install and browse through other threads with possible info.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

look at my pics, in my signature. i have a picture of what it does. its the S pipe and the hangers you need to make the tail pipes level. i made my own s pipe, and bought hangers from gm for a 2002 camaro and it worked out fine. i made my own also because i have no cat, and will be putting in headers. i also didnt want the factory flange, i am going to put in a 3 bolt style when i put in the headers. if your trying to keep the custom down, buy the kit.
      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
      1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
      past rides:
      1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
      2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
      2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
      2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
      1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
      1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

That's the kit. I don't think it's SS.

I have a stainless one that came with my magnaflow, and I didn't need it. SS 3".

Comes with everything in the picture above except for the little hanger things on the left, which you can reuse from the stock muffler. I reused mine, as the magnaflow didn't come with new hangers either. Let me know, it's yours for $50 shipped.

However, the above pic shows that the pipe is smaller on one end... My magnaflow is 3" in 3" out. Let me know, I can get a pic if you're interested.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28

it comes with every thing in the picture above except for the little hanger things on the left, which you can reuse from the stock muffler. I reused mine, as the magnaflow didn't come with new hangers either. Let me know, it's yours for $50 shipped.

you need those little hangers with the LM, the stock ones are not long enough on the divers side and it keeps the pipe to high, it also is designed for a flat hanger, the new one is designed to take a round one so it matches both the rubber insulator and the LM
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

AHH, nice of SLP to make that kit a necessity with their exhaust. What a joke
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              AHH, nice of SLP to make that kit a necessity with their exhaust. What a joke
              Actually, its not a joke. If you'll do some research, you'll see that the LoudMouth was made originally for the LS1 cars, which have a different rear hanger setup than the early LT1s did. Also, the kit came out later than the actual LoudMouth so that we as LT1 owners would have that option. I would highly recommend the kit. Made installation a snap for me. The S-pipe is slightly smaller on one end so that it can slip-fit inside the I-pipe for the LoudMouth. It is still considered to be the same diameter as the inlet, although there is a slight difference. One more note...is your car a single- or dual-cat setup? I know that some 95s were single, some were dual. If yours is a dual, there is a different kit, #30044, from SLP for the dual-cat cars that does NOT have an S-pipe, as is needed and is only $33. If you do decide to get the LM, I think you'll like the note your car sings...esp. at WOT
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
              X