Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions of center column hole

This is what i want to do,
    I want to get an Autometer double gauge plate and put it in my "Tape holder in the center column" under the radio. Will 2-2 5/8 gauges fit in there?
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Nobody can help?
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

I'm not sure about how to mount them, but you can get them to fit I would think. If you stagger them, one high and one low, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I am not sure if people know what i am saying so he it goes

I want to put this in my tape holder with 2 ( 2 5/8) gauges will the length of the plate fit in the hole. Autometer doesn't say how long it is, just how long the gauges are
        I LOVE COBRA'S -
        THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Originally posted by HottestZ28
          I am not sure if people know what i am saying so here it goes

I want to put this in my tape holder with 2 ( 2 5/8) gauges will the length of the plate fit in the hole. Autometer doesn't say how long it is, just how long the gauges are
          I manipulated the image you provided to obtain a correct perspective and skew. Then I obtained the dimensions and graphed them.

This is what I came up with:

Print this in "actual pixels", then cut out the outline of the gauge panel. Then take the cut-out and place it inside your console to check for proper fit.

Comment

That was really nice, thank you
            I LOVE COBRA'S -
            THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

The outer diameter of the bezel on the Autometer 2-5/8" gauges is 2-7/8". That would suggest a minimum 3" C-C spacing on the panel. Kevin's dimensions look correct. I have a 132-page AutoMeter gauge catalog, and about the only thing they don't show the dimensions of is the panels. The panel you show is only shown in the catalog in 2-1/16" "22XX" series. The 2-5/8" panels, "32XX" series, have a scalloped edge at the bottom. The catalog shows the height of those panels as 3-1/4", but they don't show a width for the 1-, 2- and 3-gauge panels.

There was an outfit that made a custom insert for the Camaro tape cubbyhole. They stopped making it a couple years ago, but every once in a while I see info about a special production run on the "Appearance" forum of camaroz28.com. I haven't been to the Appearance forum much lately, but it might be worth a "search" there.

I've been able to make filler panels for the various Camaro dash openings out of thin gage aluminum. Then paint the aluminum with matching dash paint, and it looks sort of "factory". Plan B - trade for a Firebird :

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X