don't you just hate it when....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't you just hate it when....

your cruising and you have some fool come up and start revving at you. what do you guys do when idiots do this ? i would not have hesitated on taking on him and his 98+ ws6 the only problem was that we were on the freeway on the busiest shopping day oF the year some guys just have no clue. he really pissed me off. i felt like following him home and bi*ch slapping him..i just had to vent sorry...seriously what do you guys do when this happens
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I just laugh at them and smile ...and leave them wondering ...Good job not getting sucked into a street race
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Yup, just laugh and move on. If they continue slow down and ignore let them get the ticket.

Comment

The only times I had that happen to me were with my wife in the T/A. I would have gotten the death stare and possibly a punch in my side if I engaged in any kind of racing.

Several times with the vette I was alone and they (some Mustang boys) wanted to race me on the freeway. I just waved at them and smiled, eventually they went away.

It's not worth it especially on a busy day with tons of cars on the streets.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

That's right. Just cause Little Billy shoves a red hot poker in his eye, it doesn't mean you have to. It's kind of like peer pressure. What is the motivation to race somebody you don't know for no possible gain on a busy street? If you don't do it, it's not a chicken thing, it's a wisdom thing. The hard part is that is half the reason we build and own these cars, but you really need to pick your races carefully, so that if you lose, all you lose is a race.

Comment

Sometimes I smile, sometimes I race.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

When I was younger, (16, 17) I would do everything they did to me back. Now I just laugh and look away.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

i rev them back off and scare them.
                -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

doesnt happen too often, I just smile and slow down

well, sometimes I m in that mood and smoke them bad, especially if its a bmw
                  93 t/a A4 3.23s
                  95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                  99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                  99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                  97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                  93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                  00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                    Sometimes I smile, sometimes I race.
                    I guess there are certain advantages to owning your own insurance company. At least you aint going to raise your own rates if you get a ticket

Comment

No traffic or cops = hand them an a$$ whoopin'.

Traffic or cops = make them follow you to where there is no trafffic.

Comment

maybe it sounds stupid but i do my best to beat them in traffic. not racing, just who can be ahead in the lines by maneuvering or choosing the best lane to be in...and being as loud as possible each time i pass him up.
                        78 Trans Am
                        94 Formula Firebird

KYB AGX adjustable gas shocks
                        Eibach Prokit springs
                        Hypertech Power Programmer
                        Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust system
                        Mufflex offroad Y-pipe
                        Nology hotwires
                        Denso Iridium spark plugs
                        K and N cold air filter
                        Hooker super competition long tube ceramic coated headers
                        Jet billet steel pulleys
                        MSD HVC Blaster coil
                        Flex a lite 2500 CFM fans
                        245/50 16 BF Goodrich G-force KDW tires
                        SP Performance Diamond slotted rotors
                        EBC Greenstuff Brake pads

Comment

The problem with most these guys. (at least in upstate NY) Is they aren't doing it to beat you. They just want to see how fast you are. More times than i'll have a rundown Sundance come up to me and rev then a mustang or anyone else. Every so often you get those Honda's with those ABNOXIOUS exaust systems that sound like there driving around a leaf blower. Those guys almost get me to push my car a little bit. It is officially snowing up here and i just got my car port up yesterday. great timing
                          99 Black WS6
                          99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
                          94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

The guys that want to race in traffic are the kind that you hear about flipping their cars or crashing into other people. No one ever tries racing me but when my dad had his car, everybody and their brother was either trying to race him or asking him to smoke the tires up. I guess my car doesn't look manly enough to race lol
                            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                            SOLD- Kinda miss it
                            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                            SOLD- Good riddance!
                            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Over here u always get the ricer that revs at anything but i jus smile and keep on crusing its not worth the time usually their front bumber is missing since it sits like 1in off te ground.... but what gets me mad is when i go to a hangout and im their with all my f-bod buddies they come up to my car and their checking it out then i hear them say "oh man thats an old car their not fast" its unbelivable... so u gotta let em know wut old cars r about when u leave 50ft lines on the street r always fun and every1 usually gets the hint
                              1967 Camaro "Project"
                              1972 Chevelle "454"
                              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
                              X