help with exhaust system ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with exhaust system ideas

Hi, I just joined this site, and was wondering if you could give me some suggestions. I have a 98' WS6 and wanted to upgrade the exhaust system. People have suggested I buy the cat- back Borla exhaust. Others have suggested putting straight pipes, or a free flow system. (I am not sure what a free flow system does or how it works). What I want from my exhaust is that loud deep muscle car sound, and a little added performance, with no loss to fuel consumption. If you could offer suggestions on what I should do it would be much appreciated, thanks....

LS1 SLP TOTL Mike

link

Stealth Performance
    www.stealthperf.com
    (503)531-3170
    (leave message)
    E-Mail:
    sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

What are your trying to gain from your exhaust modifications?

If its just noise...get a $30.00 cut out and retain the stock exhaust. This will provide more power than any catback system and you can retain the OEM look. Of course if you wish to go even further then you can get a full 3" cat back of your choice and still add the cut out

I am quite partial to spin tech exhaust systems these days...but thats JMHO.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I have the SLP Loud Mouth on my LT1, and love it.....

not quite as loud on a LS1, but many will still say too loud......best bet is to find someone with a particular exhaust in order to hear it first hand....

bottom line, it's a matter of personal preference
        DWS
        Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Well, I got the car last week (really good deal), but the previous owner decided to replace the original stock duel exhaust with a single one! So I want duel exhaust instead of the kinda pathetic single one on the car now. But most of all I want the deep muscle car sound out of my car...

Comment

98WS6, actually '98 WS6 models came fromt he factory with a singel 3.5" exhaust outlet (on passenger side). From '99 on they went back to a dual tip setup. Key part of that statement is "dual tip" - no '98 up cars have a factory true dual exhaust unfortunately. All have a y-pipe setup which leads to a single pipe from behind the exhaust manifolds back to the muffler.

There are many good catbacks out there, but it is something that is hard to judge via the net. Best thing to do is check around your local area and see who has what and give 'em a listen.
            '98 WS6 Formula M6

A few mods...best 1/4 mile results so far 12.64 and 115mph

Comment

If its just noise...get a $30.00 cut out and retain the stock exhaust.
              What is that?
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X