to rebuild or swap tis the question lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to rebuild or swap tis the question lol

ok well my car is gettin up there in mileage its bout 150 from 120,000 lets jus say i enjoy drivin my car lol...i was jus wonderin since i dont know much bout rebuildin engines and what-not would it be best to rebuild or swap when my current engines time is up lol...my boyfriend said jus to swap it but i would like to hear ya'lls opinions and they would be much appreciated..thanks

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
    **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
    **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

If you really like it that much, my advice would be to find another car just like it when it finally quits on you. Used f-bods are very affordable. You will never get your money out of an engine swap, and the cost of doing it would likely compare to just getting another used V6 f-body... not to mention the hassle of doing it yourself if you go that route.

In general... unless you are going for a big honking full-blown race motor, engine swaps = not worth it.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

i didnt pay very much for my car and i hope it has alot more life left to it...i havent really had any problems out of it jus that it needed a new coil pack a few months ago..i suppose it would be best to get a new one but im attached to my car :-(

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
      **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
      **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Unless you abuse the crap out of it, you've got nothing to worry about for while. We got 175k out of the GN, and that's got a lot more power than the stock 99 V6 F-body. I would say just let it ride
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
        X