AUTOXRAY EZ-SCAN 6000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUTOXRAY EZ-SCAN 6000

Has anyone ever used one of these and is this a good enough scan tool to play with my 89 formula or should I look for something better. I also have my laptop to program and read but I was just looking for something a little smaller to carry around just to look at how things are going. I am in the midst of tuning my 383 TPI and want something to watch O2 and stuff so I can make changes to my eprom, and see the difference, good or bad.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

I don't have the 6000, but I do have the AutoXRay 5000. I love it. I have done exactly what you plan on doing (driving while watching data), and it's really easy to read night or day and is invaluable for real-time data (to me, at least). I can't say enough good things about it. I have used my scan tool on all the various cars that I end up working on (friends and family ), and it's great for that, too. In my experience, using my 5000 is easier to learn on and use than the GM Tech 2 (they cost upwards to $2K, and their what GM dealerships use, I use on at college at lot). Being able to check OBD-II codes quickly never hurts, either. I have yet to try a couple of the features, like capturing live data and viewing it on the computer, though, but I am highly satisfied with it. I don't know of any scan tools that are cheaper and have more or better features than the AutoXRay 5000 or 6000.

The only thing I don't like is that it won't check ABS and SRS codes (as far as I know), but I don't think you'll mind about that.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

I dont mind the ABS or SRS as I have niether.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

It would seem that spending $700 on a combination OBD-I and OBD-II scanner would be overkill for your 89 TPI. You could get pretty much the same data with their simple OBD-I scanner for under $200. If you plan to use the OBD-II capabilities on other cars, and you can afford that kind of money, go for it though.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Its for sale for about 100 USD so I may buy it, plus the added support of obd 2 is nice to play around with other cars. Of course that wont work with the 2007 camaro I wnat to buy as its gona be OBD 3

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade