Arghhh, help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arghhh, help!

Ok so last night my right headlight pooped the bed. I now have the dreaded stripped gear problem. I looked up the quick fix (seems easy enough)...but I can NOT get the head light control arm off the motor....it just will not let go! Did I miss something? I tried break free and some gentle prying but I dont wanna do any damage. What gives? Any ideas?
    '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

I don't think there's much you can break there. Soak it some more with WD40 or similar and then try to pry it a bit harder. It has to come off one way or the other.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by FiremansTA
      Ok so last night my right headlight pooped the bed. I now have the dreaded stripped gear problem. I looked up the quick fix (seems easy enough)...but I can NOT get the head light control arm off the motor....it just will not let go! Did I miss something? I tried break free and some gentle prying but I dont wanna do any damage. What gives? Any ideas?
      I had the same problem myself actually....WD40 like other...then pry

if that doesnt work, then wd40 and use a hammer and chisel, punch, screwdriver, whatever, and try and tap it out at different spots 'til it gets loose...you'll get it
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
      X