Looking Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Back

guys tell us the stories before you guys has you dream "F-body"car.like you guys first car to the last car you own.
    my first car is 98 chevy s10 paid off then trade to 03 mustang coupe (i thought was great car cos 03 mustang was the only muscle car with rear wheel drive BUT turned out was big mistake) i own that mustang not even a year then trade with 01 trans am ws6. and hope this car will last forever for me.
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Here are ALL the cars I have ever owned. Some of tham bring back lots of fond memories! I'm 31, by the way. I change cars like I change my underwear. Depending on financial circumstances I might be looking to sell my current car and get a LS1 WS6 T/A M6 ragtop in the next year. I've never owned a LS1.

1- 1975 Ford Torino Elite 351W
    2- 1986 Camaro base coupe hardtop converted to 5.7 A4
    3- 1987 Camaro Z28 hardtop converted 5.7 A4
    4- 1980 Buick "double wide" LeSabre 4 door V6 (winter car)
    5- 1995 Camaro Z28 M6 t-top (brand new)
    6* 1995 Camaro Z28 A4 t-top SLP Ultra-Z
    7- 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass 2door L4 (winter car)
    8- 1989 Cavalier Z24 2.8 M5 (winter car)
    9* 1988 Camaro Iroc 5.7 A4 hardtop
    10- 1991 Pontiac Lemans L4 (winter car)
    11- 1997 Blazer 4door 4x4
    12* 1994 Mustang GT convertible 5.0 A4
    13- 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix V6
    14- 1995 Buick Skylark L4
    15* 1994 Camaro Z28 M6 convertible
    16- 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme 4 door V6
    17- 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan V6

* strictly a pleasure car, not driven daily.

I purchased the 1987 Z28 from my dad when I was 19. It was actually the car I learned how to drive in. It was also the car that brought about my love for the f-body. I've never owned a firebird, and I'd really like to someday.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

1.1953 GMC pick-up
      2. 1968 Dodge Dart (rolled)
      3. 1973 Dodge Charger SE (traded for the rolled Dart straight across) still regrett selling this one built 440 interceptor
      4. 71 Dodge Charger 3 more 73 chargers used to finish and provide parts for the first 73
      5. 70 Ford ranchero (piece of junk)
      6.1980 Dodge pick up (piece of junk wouldnt run if there was a cloud in the sky)
      7. various family sedans (to embarrased to name them )
      8. others not worth mentioning
      9.1990 Chrysler LeBaron Vert (went to buy a Camaro and came home with the leBaron)
      10.1999 Dodge ram diesal still have
      11. 1997 Camaro vert 6cyl (wanted a V8 but again the wife won) sold
      12.less than a year latter cruising the internet and found a Ford dealer add that read 1997 Pontiac Trans Am vert. called and they told me that thay wernt sure if I would be interested as the can seems to have been modified by the former owner to quote the salesman "some bone head put hood scoops on this thing" ( I wonder who the real bonehead was here) They had the car at a off site clerance tent sale. we had them bring it back to the lot and it over as soon as we saw the 1997 WS6 trans AM vert she went home with us that night
      1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
      1 of 463
      LT4 knock module
      D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
      strut tower brace
      SLP fan switch
      160* t/stat
      Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
      DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Not too many as other guys:
        but

-1984 Pontiac firebird Trans Am 5.0 LG4 V8 150 hp, I thought i was getting a performance car, more like a truck hehe, my first car , the memories
        -1990 Trans TTops V8 5.0 TPI, I loved it still my favorite , lasted 7 days some lady crashed into it in the rear totaled it, total loss decalred by the insurance
        got cash full value, plus sold the rest on ebay
        -1989 Jetta 4 Cyl, 3speed automatic, hated it with a passion
        -current 1993 TA 5.7 v8

Am going to try to post some pics of my first firebirds.
        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

well since im only 18 i havnt had many but they are

My first car was a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 fully loaded with leather and power moonroof with 20K miles that my parents did give me which i still have.

My secound is my 94 Z28 A4 which is fully loaded with T-Tops that i got with 40K miles after about 6 months of driving the monte for a fun car that i payed for

Finally i just got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Classic about a month ago with 120K miles but a brand new jasper crate engine with only 100miles on it which is my winter ride/daily driver
          1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
          1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Cars

Im 18 years old and my first car that i drove was my dads 2000 Ford Explorer that had a 5.0 liter and 3:73 rear (wasnt bad for an suv). I drove that for about a year, then since i was driving so far back and forth from football, my grandpa gave me a mercury topaz with 185000 miles on it. Its top speed was about 75-80 but it got me around. Since i was 13 years old i have always wanted a camaro. Well a few months ago i found a 1996 Z-28 6 6-speed. After about five that i looked at i knew it was the one. Its an all black coupe, with no power options, except steering, and 4 wheel discs. It has 80,000 miles on it which mostly were highway miles, and a few mods, and best of all its getting a new clutch installed on tuesday.

My snow vehicle would have been a 1988 Ford Bronco, mint condition with bf goodrich snow tires on it, but my sister flipped it the day i got my permit! It now sits at a junk yard around the corner. Now since the snow is coming my gf will drive around in her little toyota solara.

My buddies from school have, 1995 z-28 M6, Mustang Saleen conv., 2001 corvette, 1994 mustang with a v-6, 1989 H.O. Trans am, and a 1998 camaro v-6
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

My first car was a 1998 Green S-10.

Traded that in for a 2001 Saturn SC-2.

Then I bought the 2002 WS6.

Recently, I bought a used 2001 Cavalier to get me around in inclement weather.

That's all for now
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

'89 Turbo Sundance 2.5L - My first car and was a lot of fun. It's too bad it didn't last too long. At 150HP/170ftlbs and weighing in at only 2700lbs it could surprise quite a few cars out there. It started to burn oil though and the engine ate itself at 75k. It got a replacement engine and is still out there somewhere.

My next car I got right after I graduated from college....'98 Camaro 3.8. After a test drive of a '97 V6 I was sold...I replaced my '98 with the car below in 2000.
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

1. 1981 Ford Mustang 2.3
                  2. 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse
                  3. 1991 Chevy Camaro
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I always loved muscle cars it was brought on mostly because of my dad and uncle, My uncle had a 69 stingray 454 and dad had his 70 cuda 340 and i grew up in them. so when i turned 15 and was able 2 drive...... found a 67 camaro sitting in a drive way, i told my dad and he got all into it and bought it for $2000, came with a 327 4spd muncie and 4:10's. thats the car i learned how to drive stick in and thats where i learned eveything about mechanics and thats what i pick up the chicks in "babe magnet" they dont know wut it is but they like it lol. Ive had her for 2yrs and im not getting rid of her anytime soon.
                    1967 Camaro "Project"
                    1972 Chevelle "454"
                    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

1)86 Mustang Hatchback - never had to change the oil in it, just had to add some every so often.
                      2)93 Ford Taurus SHO - Very fun car, but it's a front wheel drive.
                      3)88? Oldsmobile Cutlass - Drove it around while working on the SHO.
                      4)95 z28 - Spending way too much money on this thing.
                      '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

1979 chevrolet elcamino...350 with 2.73's and an auto (sold)
                        1995 chevrolet camaro convertible....3.4 auto (sold)
                        1993 chevrolet silverado 1500 4.3 2wd, daily driver (still have)
                        1998 ford mustang gt coupe 5speed (sold it after 3 months)
                        1999 pontiac trans am....m6 t-tops (wont be selling)
                        pewter 99 TA...t-tops, leather, m6, lid, longtubes back, gears, spec clutch, spohn suspension

Comment

heres my list

heres my list of cars but rember i live in the uk so dont laugh as the choice of cars is not as good as you guys
                          1. 1973 chevy c10 pick up 6 pot
                          2. 75 grandville sedan 400 (rotten but good fun )
                          3. 73 coupe de vill
                          4. 83 delta 88 diesel (bad choice i know head gasket whent twice in 3 months)
                          5. 79 sevill parts car but got sold with the olds and got used for demo derby )
                          6. 68 formula 400 convertible (wow what a car )
                          7. 90 chevy g20 teria conversion van (i think it has droped a valve as it is running on 7 must get round to fixing that)
                          8. 93 formula (still gives me a grinn evey time i drive to work )
                          9. 75 granville convertible 455

thats the ones i can rember i wont bore you with the british classics that we have owned but when it comes to british cars i am sorry but the blue oval wins over gm every time (forgive me for i have sinned) but if you were to see some of the junk that gm put out you may well under stand hey trace glad to see you are coming round the pontiac way of thinking. (sorry long standing joke in our club here in the uk the pontiac drivers club that firebirds are the beter of the to cars no offence ment to all the bow tie boys and girls)
                          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

'79 Camaro my first car and still own.
                            '91 Sunbird with 3.1 V-6 still own (Daily driver)
                            '95 Formula my last and still own.
                            I hate selling cars as I still have all three of them!
                            I'd like to trade in the sunbird for newer cavilier or sunfire.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Bought my first car at the ripe age of 17 1/2, a 1984 Firebird SE. Paid $3000 cash for it. It was junk. Carbed 305, 150 HP rating. Traded it in eight months later for a 91 GTA Trans Am. TPI 305, auto, fun car to drive, I miss it. But, the speed bug caught me and 2 1/2 years later I traded that car in for a brand spanking off the showroom floor new 99 Trans Am. That pup was beastly, but kept having problems. Three transmissions (and it was a manual), axle seal, A/C didn't work right from day one. So, after 8 months of ownership, I lemon lawed that car, and less than a month later bought the bane of my existence, a Black 93 Trans Am. That car has been to hell and back under me, seen lots of track time, and has persisted in being a stubborn bastard for the past 1 1/2 years now since the installation of a head and cam package. Then, in July of 2003, a deal presented itself that I couldn't pass up. A member from a previous iteration of the speed density board was selling his purple pearl metallic 93 Trans Am for a paltry sum with ALL the mods. Needless to say, a second one entered into my ownership. Oh yeah, in Oct 2001 I got a free (check was never cashed) 89 Toyota Celica that continues to serve my daily driving needs.

Cliff notes:

84 Firebird SE - bought Feb 96 - sold Nov 96
                              91 GTA Trans Am - bought Nov 96 - sold May 99
                              99 Trans Am - bought May 99 - sold Jan 00
                              93 Black Trans Am - bought Feb 00 - sold NEVER in a million years
                              89 Celica - bought Oct 01 - sold when it dies
                              93 Purple Pearl Trans Am - bought Jul 03 - sold not planning to.
                              Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
                              X