Tachometer install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer install

I have a 1996 z-28 camaro and was wondering where to connect the Green Wire(tach wire) from my autogage tach. I have everything hooked up except the green wire. I know it can either connect somewhere to the PCM, or the ICM. But which one is best and which wire should i tap it into?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

It's the pink and black wire on the ignition coil. It's located on the front of the drivers side head.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Still didnt do anything, i think the 1996 wiring is different than 93-95, on the ICM there is a connector with, white, black, pink, and green,then on the small connector below that on the Ignition coil there is a pink, and green wire.
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

There are 3 ways to obtain a engine speed reference signal on a OBD-II LT1. You can either tap into the green (negative) coil wire, or the white 20 gauge wire (pin 13) located within the red pigtail connector coming off the PCM. These will both give you accurate "engine speed reference signal". On OBD-II's you can also tap into the white w/ black stripe wire off the ICM.

Since the late model GM OBD-II cars use a two pulse per crankshaft revolution, the white wire off the PCM is viewed as being the most accurate, but all 3 above will give you an accurate ESRS.

Comment

Working...
        X