X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa exhaust

I am looking for a new exhaust for my 94 Lt1. I was on a f-site an a guy
    said that at under 2500 it is very quite and you can have a convertion
    with the girlfrind.But after 3000 it sounds like a monster.That is what I am
    looking for. Anybody got any enput on this. I have got flowermasters on
    the S-10 Blazer strong 350 that you can for get sound system unless you
    are parked. So if anybody has any thing tell me I would like to hear it.
    Only on a Lt1 Thanks Guys Blazer

the SLP Loudmouth with a good 3 inch y-pipe sounds like an airplane landing at 3,000 rpm and up... but it can sound as loud as a stock system if you drive it like grandma.....
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I have the flowmaster st up in my car, between 1500 and 2500 its got a real nice sound and you can pretty easily hold a conversation, but when youe get over 3000 people will hear you from quite a distance, my girlfriend can hear me pull out of her neighborhood when i get on it, and thats pretty far. The other thing thats good about the flowmasters is the price$$
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Get the magnaflow. Sounds like you wanted what I wanted. I am very happy with it. Cruising it has a nice rumble, not crazy loud at all. When you romp it it has a great rip to it.

I would stay away from flows, personally. The magnaflow is about 330 shipped to you, it's a stainless cat back system, and it comes complete for single cat cars. No install kits to buy. Flowmaster is aluminized I believe. Not a fan.

Corsa is one of the best I hear. Jay has it but he has a LS1. But again, Corsa is 2-3 times the cost of the above mentioned systems.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

If you want tame down low and ripping up in the upper RPM ranges you cannot go wrong with the Corsa. Loudmouth quiet?? Please - sounds great but far from quiet at any RPM. I have heard good things about Magnaflow as well. FWIW I put down the same HP number with the Corsa as a friends 2001 with a cutout - not bad. I love mine! Little pricey though.
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Absolutely love everything about the Corsa... well except the price... but it was worth it.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Corsa = best catback available for the 4th Gen f-bod.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                Corsa = best catback available for the 4th Gen f-bod.
                What about the GMMG chambered catback ?? I heard that it is one of the best performing and also best sounding. There is a guy here that has the Mufflex 3.5in catback with the Spintech muffler and it sounds amazing It is almost as loud as my Loudmouth just without the drone, almost perfect. Another one to consider. But I think if you dont want to spend alot on a catback I would go with the SLP totl or the Hooker catback.
                97 SS #C007
                Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Honestly, the best sounding system I heard was a custom built one-off. It was on a dual cat LT-1, had a custom (3" I think) intermediate pipe over the axle to the stock muffler location, twin straight through mufflers with a single tailpipe out the passenger side. It required one muffler to exit like stock followed by a 180º U with a second muffler on top. The pipe bends on the passenger side looked a little tight, but it managed to exit properly on the passenger side. At idle it had a velvet rumble. At WOT above 3K it had an awesome tone. Similar to a corsa but a little more throaty at WOT.

Comment

What ever happened to Borla? It has orifice plates that you can adjust the sound or noise level. You can even go further and buy the cut out for it.

Install it instead of the plate and you can adjust the noise level for the occasion. Chat with girlfriend or let it rip.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                      the SLP Loudmouth with a good 3 inch y-pipe sounds like an airplane landing at 3,000 rpm and up... but it can sound as loud as a stock system if you drive it like grandma.....
                      ed
                      ^^^ best investment imo, and its reasonable in price
                      -Nick-
                      95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                        Loudmouth quiet?? Please - sounds great but far from quiet at any RPM.
                        Ummm, the LoudMouth isn't loud at idle or cruising speed. It doesn't get real loud until the 2500-3000 range. Under that, it purrs like a kitten...just a larger than normal kitten . For the price, its hard to beat the LM. I cast my vote for that. Borla is nice too...Craig has it and it sounds awesome as well, plus the plate-swap option is nice. Or, as Black97 suggested, the adjustable plate is a good way to go too. Leave it closed for quiteness, open it up to let her stretch her legs . Only drawback is the price. I'd go with the LoudMouth myself...which is what I did lol
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. But what is the cost the corsa an where can i
                          get the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                            Thanks guys for the input. But what is the cost the corsa an where can i
                            get the best deal.
                            www.ls1speed.com
                            www.motorsporttech.com
                            www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

...just to name a few...

...all have solid reputations, I've dealt with all of them and been very pleased.

LS1speed the most pleased, probably...
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                            X