long tube headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long tube headers

I was just trying to get some ideas for the spring time, I was trying to decide to get shorty headers or the long tube headers. What all do I gotta do if I go with the long tube headers and a off road y-pipe. Is it going to be difficult to install? thanks.
    1987 Monte Carlo SS, Lightning rod equipped. edelbrock intake/carb, heddman headers, moog suspension, dual snorkle air cleaner, no comp/emissions. Body off restoration.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167110

Mods, can we maybe archive these types of threads? No offense to John, but this question gets asked and answered pretty much weekly...

Shorties don't show that much of a gain. If you are going to do headers, go all out and get the long-tubes.

Luckily for us SE Michiganders, we don't have the emissions testers to keep us in check, so you can do an off-road y-pipe

It will be a bit of a challenge to install, yes. I would highly recommend using a lift, but at least use ramps with ample gorund clearance. And definitely get some buddies to help you out.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
    X