need new EGR valve, help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new EGR valve, help.

friend scanned car today and he said i need new egr valve. is this a dealer part only? should i get an ac delco valve or is there an aftermarket? please include web site to find part.
    thanks in advance,
    ed 95 Z28

p.s. is my car an obd 1 or obd 2 car?
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

What is the code? Code 32?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

During normal operation, the solenoid that provides vacuum to open the EGR is modulated by the PCM, so it has a duty cycle during part throttle cruise conditions...EGR valves can be checked another way...

You can move the diaphragm while the car is running and it should make the car stumble and maybe die. You can bypass the solenoid and run a vacuum line directly from the manifold to the EGR (or use a vacuum pump) and it should cause the same effect if the diaphragm is good. If the valve is carboned up, the diaphragm might be good, but the thing won't work because the gas passagways are clogged - you can dig the carbon out of it. Make sure the passagway inside the manifold isn't clogged with carbon, too. Make sure the metal hose going from the header to the manifold is in good shape - if it is not, you will hear exhaust sounds from the engine compartment and the EGR will try to draw in fresh air which could make the computer think "lean" and add fuel.

Your car is OBD1 with an OBD2 style connector.

Comment

Working...
      X