Pypes performance exhaust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pypes performance exhaust?

Any one heard of the exhaust company Pypes?
    Here's the link http://www.pypesexhaust.com/
    They have a cat back for Fbods, there's a clip with 94 ta with the catback,it sounds nice and mean. Am not looking for any great Hp gains, just a meaner sound and new piping under my TA for decent price, as my 93 stock exhaust is showing its age.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

They list one system fo 93-03. That can't be right because some years had dual cats and others had single. Also, there was no 03 f-body.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Looks cheezy to me. Go with the Loudmouth. Great Sound, Good Power improvements, Great Value!!!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        They list one system fo 93-03. That can't be right because some years had dual cats and others had single. Also, there was no 03 f-body.
        Magnaflow sells their kit the same way. But I think it's 93-97. They include the pipe you need to make it work on single cat cars,etc... Don't see how it would fit on 98-02 models. I could see it working though.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Oh yeah... 03 f-bod's.

http://www.2002firehawk-c26.net/HeritageFBody.html
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Loudmouth is way too loud for me, am not looking to spend over $300, my initial idea was just the get a different muffler to bring out a meaner sound, am not sure how much Pypes system goes for, Ill give them a call tomorrow.
            1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Dude, it almost looks like a local exhaust shop trying to go national. They do note that 96+ owners would need to make a cut for the system to work, but don't mention that you would also need to flare the end...whatever. I wouldn't give them a second thought myself. Looks a little too shady to me. As far as systems go, the LoudMouth is about as cheap as you're gonna see. You could take it to a shop and get it for cheaper...if you like Flowmaster. Also, everyone seems to down the LoudMouth for being "too loud", but its only as loud as you make it. At idle to cruising speeds, you really don't notice it. Heck, on the freeway, the radio will drown it out. I have only had 1 person tell me that they don't like it...but I don't think my stepmother liked the loudness of the car when it was stock either. In the end, its your call and I hope you get a great deal on whatever you decide on...but I wouldn't rule the LoudMouth out. You can always do what my system had done to it...swap the resonator for a small muffler. Just a thought. Take care.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Hi guys,
                Let me clarify just a bit. I do not work for the Pypes group but I have worked with them (on the early F-body crossflow and other specialized projects). They sell quality mandrel bent pipes and have concentrated on Pontiacs up until about a year ago. They are now branching into other brands. They are getting great reviews on many of their items. A call to 1-800-542-7278 (Mike) will answer any questions you might have about the later F-body systems they show on their site or in their catalog.
                You can also visit www.performanceyears.com and go into their exhaust forum and see some comments from users.
                Take care,
                Tom

Comment

If you're looking to spend less than $300 for a good sounding, performing, and fairly good quality exhaust system I'd at least look at a Hooker catback. Even with headers, borla y-pipe w/o cats, and the 3" mandrel bent exhaust it's not too loud. It's got a nice rumbly idle, and a good exhaust note throughout the gears, but I can still talk to my passenger without yelling and I hardly have any resonance inside the car on the highway. I also get plenty of compliments and can drive by a police cruiser without garnering attention. I think Thunder Racing has them for like $270.00. Good luck.
                  1997 T/A A4 - 3.23's, SLP 2800 stall, JBA headers, Hooker catback, Borla Y-pipe, SLP CAI, Ported and descreened MAF, LT4 KM, 160 thermo, HPP+, TB bypass, SFC's, STB, 17X9.5 AR Torque Thrust II's, BFG KDW

Comment

I was just browsing these forums and found this topic. Wow! I guess The new kid on the block has to pay their dues. I just wanted to say that we have made a tremendous effort in the past 18 months to establish ourselves as a solid source of performance exhaust products for the F body industry with planned expansion for other F-body performance vehicles. There are over priced and over hyped products in this industry and supporting a new manufacturer gives you the consumer more choices and more competition. Don't let the price fool you. Our aluminized products are 2nd to nobody and our Polished ceramic systems are unique to the industry. Please don't bury us yet!

Alenstein, It sounds like you would be fine with a 3" ProV muffler, tailpipes, and mounting hardware. Agreed, you won't gain a major amount of hp, but your TA will sound and feel like the sound clip you heard. You can easily do the upgrade yourself and the price will be under $175 #SGF59. The system comes with an adapter if you don't have the 3" inlet midpipe to the muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ccass
                      I was just browsing these forums and found this topic. Wow! I guess The new kid on the block has to pay their dues. I just wanted to say that we have made a tremendous effort in the past 18 months to establish ourselves as a solid source of performance exhaust products for the F body industry with planned expansion for other F-body performance vehicles. There are over priced and over hyped products in this industry and supporting a new manufacturer gives you the consumer more choices and more competition. Don't let the price fool you. Our aluminized products are 2nd to nobody and our Polished ceramic systems are unique to the industry. Please don't bury us yet!

Alenstein, It sounds like you would be fine with a 3" ProV muffler, tailpipes, and mounting hardware. Agreed, you won't gain a major amount of hp, but your TA will sound and feel like the sound clip you heard. You can easily do the upgrade yourself and the price will be under $175 #SGF59. The system comes with an adapter if you don't have the 3" inlet midpipe to the muffler.
                      Hey I assume you work for them. I've noticed you guys advertising in few magz including Hot Rod, and Pontiac Peformance, then I noticed your newest add and it looks like you guys are getting serious.
                      How much would the whole system cost with the the 3in. mid pipe. You guys used to have dyno resuslts posted on you website,can't find them anymore. Am sure if you guys would post some HP gains and fix the 93-03 Fbody years to 93-02, these guys would be nicer.

Hey maybe I could be be the first one from this forum to get your exhaust, I could spread the word, maybe we could work soemthing out .
                      1993 TA SOLD

Comment

3" system with midpipe SGF56 $266.19

we already fixed the 03' typo

I'm not sure what happened to the dyno test on the 94. I will try and get it back online this week. I believe we gained about 12hp over the stock exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ccass
                          3" system with midpipe SGF56 $266.19

we already fixed the 03' typo

I'm not sure what happened to the dyno test on the 94. I will try and get it back online this week. I believe we gained about 12hp over the stock exhaust.
                          Will you be making a Dual exhaust system for the third gen firebird/camaro?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                          6.2L/382.97 ci
                          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                          WCT-5 speed
                          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                          Boss MS 18" Rims
                          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                          Custom Dual exhaust
                          1LE upgrade
                          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror