TT-What else do you need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT-What else do you need?

Couldn't sleep lastnight so I was thinking about a Twin Turbo setup.(not that I could afford one) Besides a Twin Turbo setup, what else would be recommended or required to add. If you wanted to make a high hp, healthy TT LS1 setup what else would you add if you could spend a descent amount of money. Just tryin to develop a pipe dream discussion.

I should go to class.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

If you only blow 7-8 psi, you can do it on stock bottom end. Of course, lower compression pistons, along with a forged bottom end would allow you to go higher... you would also want to consider things like a FI cam, ported heads, and intake all to optimize it. It's all about how crazy you wan to go... but don't forget about fuel upgrades like bigger injectors to keep you from running lean and exploding! Also, the drivetrain mods to support the extra power... once again, to keep from exploding.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

What about slapping a pair on a 383 stroker... It's do-able right? What kind of numbers would you throw around.

If you only blow 7-8 psi, you can do it on stock bottom end. Of course, lower compression pistons, along with a forged bottom end would allow you to go higher... you would also want to consider things like a FI cam, ported heads, and intake all to optimize it. It's all about how crazy you wan to go... but don't forget about fuel upgrades like bigger injectors to keep you from running lean and exploding! Also, the drivetrain mods to support the extra power... once again, to keep from exploding.
      New rear end also?

It would be nice to have a ton of money to throw around wouldn't it.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

It all depends on how the motor is built up whether its a 383 or 350 it needs to be built well to handle high boost. You'd probably need atleast a 12 bolt rear and to beef up an auto transmission. Depending on how high you went everything in the drivetrain may need replaced. Also I totally agree with Jay that its not just slapping a turbo on. To truly optomize it you need the bottom end and top end totally redone. A high hp healthy TT setup would probably end up costing well over $10,000 because there is so much more to do other than just put on two turbos. A TT setup would be thousands alone but then throw in beefing up the bottom and top end and the drivetrain and you also need to enough fuel to it as well as have it tuned. When you get into power like that their also is a lot more that can go wrong with the car and it usually does. I watched a guy that came to my local track one night with what was advertised a street legal vette that ran in the 6's (it really isn't). Its fully blown uses nitrous and weighs just over 2,000 pounds. He's easily making over 1000 hp probably a lot more. I got to talk to the guy for a little and he told me that he gets 75 runs at the most before having to rebuild it.
        Heres a picture of it. Scroll down to the 7th picture its the coolest car to watch run.

http://www.beaversprings.com/photos/...iday_photo.htm
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

yeah that vette looks fun to watch...

Comment

Its an amazing machine. There are different articles out there on it in popular car magazines. A guy I worked with over the summer does tech at the track and knows the owner pretty well. Most of the top end is made of titanium and rear end is made of chromemoly for the light weight and strength. Just a lot of money in it though.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
            X