NFB: New daily driver... good deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: New daily driver... good deal?

I'm about to close a deal on a new daily driver. It's a 97 Grand Prix GTP with the 3.8L supercharged engine. It's green, 97,000 miles, tan leather, monsoon CD, Driver Information Center with things like remote tire pressure monitoring, etc... it lacks the HUD though, which is about the only option it doesn't have. Runs and drives well, interior is in good shaped and from what I could tell on a cold and rainy day, the exterior looks fine too. I got the price down to $5,300. Does this sound good/bad/okay to you guys? Also, I know this was the first year of this body style GP, and I tend to stay away from first year cars, so are there any common problems among early (97) Grand Prix's to look for? Any one know a lot about these cars or own one and can give me some pointers? I like this car, and as a bonus there's lots of aftermarket support for the grand prix! hehe
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

I drove a 98 or 99 (same car) and was very impressed with it. Handled nicely, good amount of power and pretty comfortable. As for the price, I would say its not a bad deal without doing any research. Gonna make it a GTX?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
    X