Opinions needed for cylinder heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed for cylinder heads

On my 94 Z28 a/4 I'm currently building a N/A 383 Talking with my machine shop who does mostly race engines we've pretty much narrowed it down to 2 options - Him redoing the heads with a good port job 2.00/1.55 valves for around $1200 (not including 1.6 rr) or for around $1800 LT4 conversion kit complete with 1.6 rr and gasket kit. I'm looking for high to mid 11's spring and fall as well as it being a summertime weekend cruiser.

Thanks Hyper

p.s I already have headers and exhaust

The utimate, especially for that speed, would be ported LT4 heads and intake. They would make a killer upgrade to any LT1. The LT4 already has the big valves you just have to port them and you can sell your original LT1 heads to help pay for the LT4s. Don't forget the Extreme duty timing chain belt.
    LT4KM, 160 degree TS, MAF ends, TB-bypass
    1.6 Roller Rockers, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9" Wheels F/R, 275/40R17 Goodyear F1 tires.
    WS6 Muffler, LS1 Alum. Drive shaft. 21mm rear sway bar
    Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Infortunately I can't afford to do a port/polish of the LT4 heads if I go that route - stuck between worked LT1 heads with bigger valves or LT4 heads with maybe a little clean up work.

Hyper

Comment

My personal opinion would be to go with the LT4 heads and intake. The LT4s flow well right out of the box. LT1 heads can flow great numbers depending on the porter. Tough call without seeing how the guy's heads flow.

Comment

Working...
        X