SLP flowpac?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP flowpac?

hey guys i thinking about purchasing the slp flowpac it is around 300 dollars and i would get slp cold air induction, slp air box lid, and k and n air filter and f-body smooth bellows, i was wondering if anyone has purchased this kit or if u think it is a good idea to get
    1998 TA
    1970 GTO Judge
    1975 TA 6.6
    1970 Mach 1

Originally posted by birdman83
    hey guys i thinking about purchasing the slp flowpac it is around 300 dollars and i would get slp cold air induction, slp air box lid, and k and n air filter and f-body smooth bellows, i was wondering if anyone has purchased this kit or if u think it is a good idea to get
    IMO $300 is a little steep for a CAI.. what type of engine? I'll assume LT1, in which case there are CAI kits on ebay and other places for alot cheaper. It really just depends on if you want a name brand or not.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Would be easier if he mentioned what year car and type of engine it was for. When he mentions a "lid" and a "smooth bellows" it sounds like an LS1?????
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

sorry it is an LS1
        1998 TA
        1970 GTO Judge
        1975 TA 6.6
        1970 Mach 1

Comment

Cold air induction AND airlid? I'm confused as to why you'd need both... most "cold air induction" kits change the shape of the airbox - consequently making the lid irrelevant. Unless this is that metal contraption that brings the air in from a different place... I can't remember, but I think it is mostly for non Ram Air cars...

Just get a lid, K&N, and the bellows if you want... they're proven ways of gaining small amounts of power... but don't expect to really notice a big difference.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

actually...I have the SLP CAI...it's a metal panel that fits in front of the AC condenser so the air box can draw air directly from the highflow air in front of the car, instead of sucking air from under the hood...

I saw a dyno test of just an air lid (various lids from different manufacturers) and a K&N filter on a Z28 in GMHP...and well, all gained over 14hp to the wheels...

So, yeah...for the bang of the buck mod I've done..and my first to my car.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
              actually...I have the SLP CAI...it's a metal panel that fits in front of the AC condenser so the air box can draw air directly from the highflow air in front of the car, instead of sucking air from under the hood...

I saw a dyno test of just an air lid (various lids from different manufacturers) and a K&N filter on a Z28 in GMHP...and well, all gained over 14hp to the wheels...

So, yeah...for the bang of the buck mod I've done..and my first to my car.

Wouldn't surprise me. Man... Ram Air is such a joke.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
              X