Ram Air 99 Z-28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air 99 Z-28

was wondering if anyone had the ram air kit. I need the degree off the airbox. im trying to fabricate a ramair intake from the nose of the car. Force induction threw a billet grill. please if someone could help me out id be greatfull thanx.

ram air idea!!!
    0000 ______
    000/_airbox_]
    00000/ /<----this degree
    }___/ /
    } ___/

I developed a cold air induction (hardly ram air since it is not a straight through flow) by using washing machine drain hose that ducts air into teh bottom of the airbox from directly below the air filter. The hose is approximately 1 1/4" hose, so on each side I have a total cold air flow equivalent to a 2 1/2" duct directly into teh airbox from teh air intakes behind the grill..

In teh radiator core support there are two cutouts, one each just below and to teh left/right of each headlight. You access the holes by trimming out the foam insulation. They are just large enough to fit two lengths of drain hose on side by side on each side. You route the hose up along the air intake that comes up form the lower spoiler then into cutouts in teh bottom of teh airbox. I had to loosen teh raditor from teh core support to feed the hose, tehn retighten after teh hosees were in place.

I put small sections of fibergalss screeen over the hose openings behind teh grill insert to keep larger debris out of teh airbox, but you can certainly see that the cold air intake works by looking at teh small round dirt marks on each side of teh airfilter where teh hoses feed to. Not sure if it produces more power, but certainly increases teh cold air flow into teh airbox
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 00 Ragtop Z
      [B]The hose is approximately 1 1/4" hose, so on each side I have a total cold air flow equivalent to a 2 1/2" duct directly into teh airbox from teh air intakes behind the grill..

Area of a circle is Pi * R squared

1.25" diameter = 1.227 sq inch x 2 hoses = 2.54sq inch

2.5" diameter = 4.9 Sq inches

So you would need approximtly 4 of the 1.25 inch hoses to make the equivalent of a 2.5 inch diameter hose cross section

Math is funny sometimes

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
      X