Horsepower Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsepower Question

I have not done this yet but most parts are bought or being ordered and wanting to know what kind of horespower to get out of my LT1 and any other things that will help thanks

JBA shorties with slp loudmouth exhaust, elec cutout, 52mmtb, ported heads and manifold, 1.6rr arms, he pushrods, new lt4 valve springs, 220 comp cam, crankshaft pulley, lower control arm bars, transpak, k&n air system, bosh platinium plugs, Richmond 373 gear.

Do you think this is a good start, i just want it to be a quick street car because already has 50,000 94 formula

Wow, that is a lot of mods put together without any punctuation. In the future using a comma will really help others to read your posts.

With your listed mods you should be able to put about 330-360 to the tire depending on the extent of the porting done to your heads.

Comment

I was told around 375 hrspower but is there any other mods that will help for it being a street car

Comment

My mods are very similar to your set-up except for: (Ported LT4 Heads, Random Tech Cats, MSD Digital 6A, HOT Cam w/CC Double Springs, tossed the LT4 Springs, Superchips Tune, and 4.10's for the M6. I was only able to push out 360 rwhp, but since you mentioned 3.73's gears you probably have an Auto so I would expect your car to put down around 330 rwhp. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by rccola01
          I was told around 375 hrspower but is there any other mods that will help for it being a street car
          There is a difference between flywheel hp and rear wheel hp.

rwhp is what counts for us...and 330-360 rwhp like kevin (fastTA) mentioned is definitely not too shabby

I wish i had 330-360 rwhp
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

If you haven't already bought the JBA headers, you might want to think twice. I ran them for a few years, and although they were great for low end torque, they really seemed to choke the engine at redline. They are only a 1-5/8" diameter primary, and then they are a "step" design... the first couple inches of each primary is only 1-1/2". That keeps the low end up, but kills the top end, IMHO. They also add a weld bead in the port to act as an anti-reversion baffle, and that adds to the problems it high RPM.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X