Skip shift 02

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip shift 02

I have lived with it for a couple weeks - got to go. What do I need to do to eliminate "CAGS" on my 02 WS6. Is it the same as my 94 Formula - just unplug the harness? Don't want any check engine lights!
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

skip[ shift eliminator.. from slp, jegs, summit, almost anyone..they all carry it. no....dont unplug the harness...... the skip shift elinator module plugs in line and takes about 2 min.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Pulling the connector off any year... 1994 and newer, will set a code for the missing solenoid - a scan of you 1994 would have turned up DTC 84. In 1996 and newer, it also turns on the SES light. You can either buy one of the "skip shift eliminators".... about $25-30. OR you can get a 2.2Kohm, 1/2 watt resistor, and plug it into the harness connector after you pull the connector off the solenoid. That will prevent the code and the SES light.

Check out the "how to" writeup database available on some of the websites. One of the better ones is:

Project TransAM Install Guides

There are also good ones run by "Install University" and Brent Franker.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        Pulling the connector off any year... 1994 and newer, will set a code for the missing solenoid - a scan of you 1994 would have turned up DTC 84. In 1996 and newer, it also turns on the SES light. You can either buy one of the "skip shift eliminators".... about $25-30. OR you can get a 2.2Kohm, 1/2 watt resistor, and plug it into the harness connector after you pull the connector off the solenoid. That will prevent the code and the SES light.

Check out the "how to" writeup database available on some of the websites. One of the better ones is:

Project TransAM Install Guides

There are also good ones run by "Install University" and Brent Franker.
        dayyhm! i was gonna make him do the work.... but you did it for him........hahahahahahahahaahahaahahaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks guys - what a dumb feature!! Big brother at its worst!
          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

If you'r interested in a skip shift eliminator I have one. I don't need it after getting my PCM programmed. E-mail me if you're interested.

Andy
            '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
            339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
            '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              OR you can get a 2.2Kohm, 1/2 watt resistor, and plug it into the harness connector after you pull the connector off the solenoid. That will prevent the code and the SES light.
              that's what I did
              ~*~Jen~*~

*2002 35th LE SS
              SS#5949/LE#2715

http://thanks.f-body.com

Comment

Working...
              X