Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ordered from lmperformance.com?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ordered from lmperformance.com?

I was planning on ordering some parts from them and was just looking for some feedback. If anyone has any info that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    1997 T/A A4 - 3.23's, SLP 2800 stall, JBA headers, Hooker catback, Borla Y-pipe, SLP CAI, Ported and descreened MAF, LT4 KM, 160 thermo, HPP+, TB bypass, SFC's, STB, 17X9.5 AR Torque Thrust II's, BFG KDW

I have. The only thing that aggravated me was they sent my parts but didn't forward me a notice that it was shipped or the tracking number. It was shipped in a couple of days. No real problems though. I would order from them again if one of our sponsor sites didn't have what I was looking for.

Remember, support our sponsor sites. They support keeping this board up and free.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Ummm, isn't LMPerformance one of the sponsers? I'm looking at their add right now in the upper right corner as I'm typing this. Anyways, I ordered most of my current mods for the Z from them. Very happy with their service. I seem to recall having a similar problem with acquiring a tracking numbe, but I got my parts promptly and was very pleased with their service. Would definitely buy from them again. Also check Summit. They've got a huge variety of parts, now carrying GM Performance Parts and SLP stuff and a heck of a lot better than Jegs IMHO. Good luck with your ordering.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
        Ummm, isn't LMPerformance one of the sponsers? I'm looking at their add right now in the upper right corner as I'm typing this. Anyways, I ordered most of my current mods for the Z from them. Very happy with their service. I seem to recall having a similar problem with acquiring a tracking numbe, but I got my parts promptly and was very pleased with their service. Would definitely buy from them again. Also check Summit. They've got a huge variety of parts, now carrying GM Performance Parts and SLP stuff and a heck of a lot better than Jegs IMHO. Good luck with your ordering.
        You are right. Norton Firewall blocks those adds so I don't see them unless I'm not at home. I've told it to allow www.f-body.com but they still don't show up unless I disable it.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

That's strange. I'm assuming you've upgraded to SP2, so maybe it has something to do with the Windows Firewall perhaps? Or, are you like me and on a Mac? lol
          Steve

Comment

I got my Spec II from them, GREAT guy to deal with. I had my clutch before noon the next day. When you get it that fast, who needs a tracking number?
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
              That's strange. I'm assuming you've upgraded to SP2, so maybe it has something to do with the Windows Firewall perhaps? Or, are you like me and on a Mac? lol
              Yes I have SP2. It has been doing this since I installed Norton Internet security (anti virus, firewall, pop up blocker).

I hate Macs. Not for the usual reasons though. I work on a CAD (used to work on the CAM side too) all day. I have had to deal with file translations from CAD to CAD, CAD to CAM, CAD to FEA, and CAD to HFSS (RF design software) for years. Every one of them looses something in the translations.

Diversification in software manufacturers leads to incompatibility with me being able to send other people files without loosing something. With most people using Microsoft, I can send most people a typed letter or a spread sheet and they don't loose anything. Everybody that says they hate Microsoft just doesn't know how good they have it.

You'll say I use A Mac and I don't loose anything. I know a guy at work who has a doctorate in Microwave design (and very computer literate) who uses a Linux and sometimes he can't even get his e-mail. He's a Microsoft hater.

I think a lot of people don't like Microsoft because of Bill Gates. They say that he has too much power or something. In reality they are jealous of him for his success. That somehow makes them look like a failure because they haven't done as well. Some people feel they need to cut down other people to elevate themselves because they are not as successful. My X wife is like that. She is too lazy to work hard to succeed. For some reason that make entrepreneurs evil. The left calls them the evil rich. They are evil because they are smarter and worked harder to succeed. Now I have to get a job working for this evil person. We need to tax them to show them they are not so powerful. Oh no, they fired me. That evil rich person now does not have enough money to pay me because his taxes were raised. He needs to give up his boat, airplane, expensive car, big house so he can give me back my job. It's my job. It's really bizarre to me how people despise entrepreneurs. People need to learn to take responsibility for themselves. Their actions make them who and what they are. If they don't succeed, it is their fault. Not Bill Gates or George Bush's. This will really get some people, if you choose to put money in a car rather than buy stocks, real-estate, or starting your own business, you can't blame anybody but yourself for not being successful. Now I need to go look for a new car stereo.

LOL. That was fun.

P.S. None of this is me pointing the finger at anybody. When I say you I mean someone other than me.

Comment

As much as I love Macs, I'm not one to go around saying they're perfect. I've had too much real world experience with it to say otherwise, but I like the GUI a lot better than Windows and love a RISC architecture more than the standard Windows CISC. To me, its whatever makes you comfortable. If I need to open a file, I can almost gaurantee that I will be able to on my Mac, just a matter of which program do I need. Never had a problem reading files created on a PC as long as I had the program to open them with. As for my own hate for Microsoft, it has nothing to do with Gates but everything to do with the way the company operates. I do not condone that which has happened in the past and obstain from purchasing from them unless I absolutely need to. Are Windows XP and Server 2003 decent O.Ss? Yes. Are they better than Panther (OS X 10.3)? That's questionable, depending on which aspect you're referring to. Its a matter of taste, and I'm happy with mine. And no, no offense was taken as I hope was given
                Steve

Comment

I appreciate the responses. Too many people seem to get burned by different companies online and I figured I would do a little research before I wind up spending hundreds of dollars only to wait six months for my parts. Looks like they'll be getting some of my business.
                  1997 T/A A4 - 3.23's, SLP 2800 stall, JBA headers, Hooker catback, Borla Y-pipe, SLP CAI, Ported and descreened MAF, LT4 KM, 160 thermo, HPP+, TB bypass, SFC's, STB, 17X9.5 AR Torque Thrust II's, BFG KDW

Comment

Since this thread already went offtopic , I am running XP Pro Here with SP2 installed and Norton Works as well. I am able to see all of the sponsor banners with no problems. It could be a filtering issue through your ISP. They are getting more and more strict with the increase in spam and unwanted ads.

It's also possible you have obtained a hidden piece of spyware that is causing a conflict with Norton or Windows Firewall. Run Spybot and see what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      Since this thread already went offtopic , I am running XP Pro Here with SP2 installed and Norton Works as well. I am able to see all of the sponsor banners with no problems. It could be a filtering issue through your ISP. They are getting more and more strict with the increase in spam and unwanted ads.

It's also possible you have obtained a hidden piece of spyware that is causing a conflict with Norton or Windows Firewall. Run Spybot and see what you find.
                      I have IFITL (Integrated Fiber In The Loop) internet connection through Bellsouth. It connects at 3.5 GPS . Bellsouth doesn't do any filtering except spam. I know it's Norton. I can disable it and they show up. I periodically run Spybot. Norton seams to catch just about everything. I have Windows firewall disabled. I use Norton firewall. I also have the NAT firewall in the router. I've never had anyone get through the NAT firewall in the router. I ran Spybot just now and it came up with nothing.

Comment

I've ordered all my suspension parts from them. Very friendly and they informed me right away when items were out of stock, and would be for a couple months and offered to refund my money right away. Now i've spent the money and have no race seats!
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                        Traded in: 1998 Z28
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
                        X