Threads being deleted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads being deleted?

99% of the time, the members follow the rules. Lately, the rule of posting all capital letters has been blurred. The rule is simple. If you use all caps it will be deleted. Why you ask? First, in type it is considered yelling. It is also very distracting to those that read and have to pour through everything for moderation as we don't have an auto program for that. Second, it's in the rules. Sometimes simple things like this can seem harsh, but simply follow the guidelines and there are no worries! Thanks guys.

Get'em whiskey!
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Does that include one word CAPS? I sometimes do that do put emphasis on the word.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        Does that include one word CAPS? I sometimes do that do put emphasis on the word.

Well, If we want to put a finer line on it, I suppose things like abbreviations are fine. Things like:

WOT= wide open throttle
        PCM= powertrain control module
        ABS= Anti-lock brake system
        EGR= Exhaust gas recirculation

Anything else doesn't seem to make much sesne, but I suppose there will always be some sort of grey area. The least amount of posting in caps is appreciated.

Comment

I'm confused?

Was there a thread that was deleted? I'm new to all this so the only thread that I noticed missing was the one called "ricers". I posted on it last night and when I came back this morning it was gone. I hope it wasn't nothing I said. Far as I know I didn't do or say anything out of the way. If I did sorry!

Tiffany

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

Comment

no caps.

thanks Joe.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
              Most people use the bold feature to show emphasis.

Comment

yeah, im used to using caps to emphasize a word, but if its a big deal, going out of the way to do bold is ok too.
                '95 Trans Am 6spd- broke
                '77 dodge custom 150 2wd tire destroyer- 440ci w/edelbrock intake, thorley headers, 2000 stall, ported heads and surface rust
                2005 Kawasaki z1000 - getting too cold for that though

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBird
                  yeah, im used to using caps to emphasize a word, but if its a big deal, going out of the way to do bold is ok too.
                  dats a good boy................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    Well, If we want to put a finer line on it, I suppose things like abbreviations are fine. Things like:

WOT= wide open throttle
                    PCM= powertrain control module
                    ABS= Anti-lock brake system
                    EGR= Exhaust gas recirculation

Anything else doesn't seem to make much sesne, but I suppose there will always be some sort of grey area. The least amount of posting in caps is appreciated.
                    I can't imagine those acronyms not being ok to use. It's no different than capitalizing a word at the beginning of a sentence. The essence of using an acronym is the caps. Otherwise it is a mispelled word and diminishes readability.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! Hi Joe!
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X