NFB New Puppy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB New Puppy

My mother loves airedales...apparently she's had them ever since she was a little girl. Well about 7 years ago or so, she became a member of the airedale rescue foundation, and that was when we got our first guy...thor. I will say, wouldn't have been my first choice of a dog, but he really grew on me. So loyal and extremely intelligent...smartest dog i've ever owned by far. Well, this past saturday we sadly had to put him down. He was 13, and we just simply couldn't do anything for him anymore. I woke up, pet him for a bit, then he fell down all of a sudden and had a stroke. Being that he was having a hard time for a little bit before that, and that we were going to put him down very soon anyways, i decided that i didn't want to see him suffer anymore, and it was time for him to go. I calmed him down, brought him to the vet, they gave him his shot, and he died in my arms.

I can say this past week has been extremely rough for myself and my mom, but i can happily say that we got a call the other day saying that our new puppy just finished his training.

His name is Levi, and apparently he was found walking on the side of a highway. They gave him all his shots, trained him, and he's good to go. Approx. 20 months old and about 53 lbs. He was gonna be put down, but i guess we called just in time for him to be saved . Glad to have a new puppy for christmas, couldn't have asked for more. I'm driving with my mom to rockford today to pick him up in a couple of hours.

Just wanted to share

Any pictures of your pets would be awesome to see...gotta love the animals

Take care all

chris
    Attached Files
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

cool!!!! dont have any experience with them, heard they are good dogs though...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

sad story with a happy ending... I've been in your shoes, their equal to a member of the family.

Heres Zaily, she's a 2 year old college dog (late nights, long mornings)

Glad to hear ya got a puppy for the holidays.

BTW-Pics are small, had to download crappy free sample Paint shop pro... Photoshop CS crashed...
      Attached Files

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Not sure if this is gonna work but here's a pic of my 5 year old Shep, as you can see he just basically lets me live there in his house.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/guest/...erid=SPRINTPCS

Comment

Chris, sorry to hear of your loss very difficult situation but sounds like you handled it correctly. I've been their in the past as well and unfortunately it will happen again someday.

Good luck with your new Pup.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
            sad story with a happy ending... I've been in your shoes, their equal to a member of the family.

Heres Zaily, she's a 2 year old college dog (late nights, long mornings)

Glad to hear ya got a puppy for the holidays.

BTW-Pics are small, had to download crappy free sample Paint shop pro... Photoshop CS crashed...
            golden retriever! as you know, we have two of them. my wife loves me. they are super dogs.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Congrats on the pup! We rescued our golden. She was 4 months old and extremely malnurished. The people that originally owned her didn't take good care of her at all. She just turned 4yrs old, and is extremely healthy and pampered. We tried everything to break her habit of grabbing her tail, and running in circles, but with no success. I think it was like an abandonment syndrome from being ignored and mistreated from her previous owners. Since this is a pup thread, anyone got any tips? Wolfman? We tried the Apple bitter, but she was smart and would go to the water bowl for a drink, then right back to the tail
              Attached Files
              1995 Firebird Formula
              (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

So she does this tail thing a lot??? How much? My golden does this sometimes, but it usually happens when we are playing rough and her arch enemy "tail" shows itself so she goes after it from being worked up.

If it's a problem repetition has bein a blessing with mine. Keep saying no, and reward her with a treat, but your golden could be doing it to keep her occupied, in that case it's hard to tell her no for the simple fact she does it for fun.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Love Happy pet endings

Here is our dynamic duo. Zoe and Toto run the house.
                  Attached Files
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Puppies are kewl!

I always wanted to get a good trainable, playful dog like Labrador or golden retreiver. Anyone have exprience with these dogs?
                    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

First time i've had a chance to get online in days since we got him. He's a handful to say the least, but extremely happy and playful. You can tell whoever had him first beat him pretty badly because he is extremely skiddish when he hears louder noises and will not hesitate to take a couple steps back or run in the total opposite direction. He is coming around though, and i think he is starting to realize that he wont be treated like that again. He does have a fondness for laundry baskets though. He'll knock 'em down, roll them around, bark at them, pounce on it only to fall right off....so easily amused, it cracks me up.

Beautiful dogs everyone, glad you could share the pics
                      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Some of you have been there and some of you havent yet. But when you do, you'll never get over it. It's been 1 1/2 years since my dog died after 18 wonderful years. I still weep till this day.
                        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                        X