02 Firehawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Firehawk

Alright guys i found what i think is a great deal but i wanted to get some other peoples opinion, a 2002 firehawk with 16,000 miles still under factory warranty they are asking 21500 for it, so i figure i could get her for 20500, my first question is, is this a good deal (probably a stupid question cuz i think it is a great deal) second is it worth it to up grade from my 1998 trans am A4 non ram air to the firehawk (again probably another stupid question)
    1998 TA
    1970 GTO Judge
    1975 TA 6.6
    1970 Mach 1

HOLY CRAP!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I'd jump on it. One item you might want factor into your decision is wether or not this Firehawk has the Optional SLP Bilstein or 1LE suspension set-up. If not then you basically just have the same suspension as a factory T/A, but I could be mistaken. Just check the passenger door sticker for additional equipment SLP installed. Either way still an oustanding deal on a great Firehawk. Good luck

Comment

Check it, check it again and when you're done, check it one more time. Three out of five cars I look at have paint work done to them. Some are done better than others, but it sure seems like alot of repaired cars are turning up at dealers with an exceptional price. Some of these, unless you knew what to look for, would pass for barely used. Be careful and it would be a good idea to have it looked over by a professional body shop and/or mechanic. One 02 WS6 with 24K miles I saw last week for $21K initially looked OK, but under closer inspection you could see where the structure had been "pulled" back into shape. Evidently it tagged something hard enough to need straightening. Most people would never know the difference. Another 02 SS for $19K had evidence of body panel replacement on the front clip.

the moral is... unless you know what to look for, get help from someone who does. It may save you from that sick feeling when you already have the car home and you discover problems.

Comment

That is such an unreal price, I would be a little leary myself. 02 Hawks go for $30k easily. Check that puppy out really good!

Comment

Working...
          X