Encountered a GOAT today......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encountered a GOAT today......

Well, I finally got to line up against one and it went just as I expected. It was about 3pm and I was headed home early from work. Pulled up to a light on the 4-lane highway and up pulls a brother in a black goat. I gave the LT1 a nice rev to get him off the phone. He rolled down the window an kinda chuckled. I returned the favor with a wink and rolled the window up. It was the perfect opportunity cuz we had a long run off the light with nobody in sight. As I expected my A4 LT1 launched a car on him off the line and through second, but then it was all GOAT. The car quickly passed me and pulled a car or so on me before I shut her down. I must say that I have never seen one on the road round here, and I liked that car because without the emblems who would know it were not a grand am. I would just like to see it throw the bottom gears like my LT1. After 3rd gear that sucker was bad. Just had to share. Oh, by the way I am pretty sure it was an '04.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Ryan,
    you have any mods or you completely stock ??
    i had one come up last week sometime and i took the guy off the start pretty good about 1 1/2 lenghts and he only pulled back to my rear bumper at around 100mph or so. it was an ugly yellow color
    yellow only looks good on Ferrari's
    can't wait to get my cc 306 and head work so i - be ready for the '05
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I won't even waste time racing one. Ran into one about a month ago. Didn't even step up to him. It would be pointless.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

NO shame in losing to a fasTer car......
        ..it all about making them prove it.....
        eddie
        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I drove one and it was quick, but just didnt feel FAST. I guess its that smooth LS1......im for the 05 to go on another test drive...
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I've run two of them and the result was the same, beat them by seveal lengths. Then again, I'm not stock. They do seem to run well after they get up to speed, but couldn't close the gap.

Comment

3.73's and a higher stall torque converter, and I will be ready to play with them.
              1995 Firebird Formula
              (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Moms new car

Well dad finally decided to let mom get a new car so after viewing all the colors she picked out an impulse blue goat. We've all teased dad and said that he must be going through a "mid-life crisis" he just rolls his eyes and says that if it was a crisis then he'd have gotten a vette. We've talked mom into letting us put some exhaust on it so now were trying to talk her into letting us do some more mods. So far she's agreed, except for the turbo thing she thinks we've lost it!!! LOL!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

Comment

Just a shift kit and a cutout. I wish I would have encountered him a week later because the Pacesetter LTs are my project for this weekend. So far I have her all apart and it is going pretty smoothly. I just love the raw torque of this motor and cannot wait till the headers are done.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                    I drove one and it was quick, but just didnt feel FAST. I guess its that smooth LS1......im for the 05 to go on another test drive...
                    Actually, the first time I drove one I thought it was just like driving my old 96 WS6. The car felt the same, it was just weird how that could be. But the goat was a lot faster stock vs. stock. I got the WS6 down to 13.50 back in 96. The goat went 13.25.

I also thought originally that the goat laid down in 3rd gear as it "felt" like it stopped pulling. But with almost 2mph faster than the stock 96, 103.5 vs. 105.5, it was definitely a wrong feeling
                    Rob
                    04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      Actually, the first time I drove one I thought it was just like driving my old 96 WS6. The car felt the same, it was just weird how that could be. But the goat was a lot faster stock vs. stock. I got the WS6 down to 13.50 back in 96. The goat went 13.25.

I also thought originally that the goat laid down in 3rd gear as it "felt" like it stopped pulling. But with almost 2mph faster than the stock 96, 103.5 vs. 105.5, it was definitely a wrong feeling

Rob, I just noticed your sig.... give us an overall driving impression of the GTO's handling, how quiet or loud, fit and finish, etc. What is your impression of the way one has to get in and out of the back seat? That did seem to be a deal killer for me. I really didn't like the idea of having to move the seat foreward before tilting to gain access. In reality, does it work well?
                      I'm sure many would appreciate your experience with the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

I wasnt trying to dog on the GTO...I love the car. Its just so smooth.....my car is real harsh, herky jerky and really lets you know theres a lot of power there. I guess its ridiculous to compare the two cars though.....but even compared to my 69 GTO (which is basicly stock), it didnt FEEL as fast (although I know it would crush my 69).....the new Goat's power is deceiving.....
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                          I wasnt trying to dog on the GTO...I love the car. Its just so smooth.....my car is real harsh, herky jerky and really lets you know theres a lot of power there. I guess its ridiculous to compare the two cars though.....but even compared to my 69 GTO (which is basicly stock), it didnt FEEL as fast (although I know it would crush my 69).....the new Goat's power is deceiving.....
                          I wasn't trying to say the WS6 was inferior to the GTO. Just how completely different cars just "felt" like each other when comparing stock vs. stock.
                          The power is very deceiving, that's for sure. At least to me when I first got mine. Thought it was a lot slower than it actually was.
                          Rob
                          04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

LOL... ill be durned... you bought a goat.... never thought you'd part with the TTA..........

is your Dad gettin one too?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                              LOL... ill be durned... you bought a goat.... never thought you'd part with the TTA..........

is your Dad gettin one too?
                              I never thought I'd get rid of it also. I exceeded all the goals I had for the car and it kind of got boring. Weird, I know. Plus I just missed driving. An automatic is nice at the track because of consistency but rather boring. Plus I got what I was asking and the new owner loves it. Won many trophies over the summer showing it up in the New England area. So everybody was happy

Doubt Mom and Dad are going to get one. They don't drive the Comp's that much as it is. Too busy. Once the new house is done, they'll probably start playing with the cars again though.
                              Rob
                              04 GTO

Comment

Working...
                              X