NFB: R.I.P. 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: R.I.P. 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott

Not sure how many of you here are Heavy Metal fans, but for those of you who are, Im sure you're familiar with guitarist 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott. He was former guitarist of Pantera, and was currently in a band called Damage Plan! I've been a fan of Pantera since I was 15, and I was fortunate enough to have seen him in concert the last time he played with Pantera here in California. He was among the best guitarists in the world, and was one hell of a guy! How someone could just go up and shoot him at point blank range is beyond my wildest imagination! He will be missed!
    Full Story

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, Dime will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Dime gave it all every day to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"
    -Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul

"Dimebag was a dear friend of mine. I'm absolutely beside myself with grief."
    -Ozzy Osbourne

"Darrell and his brother were the cornerstone of musical adventures that were always groundbreaking, pushing boundaries, challenging to themselves and to their fans, respected by their peers and always true musicians' musicians, and today the rock world is worse off because of this untimely and senseless waste."
    -Lars Ulrich, Metallica

"I lost a really good friend on my 31st birthday. Dimebag was the kind of guy you could hang out with for 2 seconds and feel like you knew him your whole life. He made you laugh, made you drink, but most of all made you feel special. I'm really really going to miss him, but the one thing we will always have is his music."
    -Corey Taylor, Slipknot

"I was absolutely shocked by the news. Dimebag was such a really nice genuine bloke and a great player. He will be sadly missed."
    -Tony Iommi, Black Sabbath

"I loved Dimebag and I'm about as sorry as you can get."
    -Lemmy, Motorhead

"I am utterly saddened and disgusted. A devastating day for music and for those of us who consider ourselves fans, myself included."
    -Dave Navarro

"He was a hero to so many of us."
    -Wes Borland, Limp Bizkit

"[He was] one of the greatest guitar players to ever walk the face of this earth."
    -Disturbed

"A living legend has been taken from us."
    -Fred Durst
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Amen. He will be missed by many.

Alaska is ~2.5 times the size of Texas
    '95 Trans Am 6spd- broke
    '77 dodge custom 150 2wd tire destroyer- 440ci w/edelbrock intake, thorley headers, 2000 stall, ported heads and surface rust
    2005 Kawasaki z1000 - getting too cold for that though

Comment

I was shocked when I heard about that. Such a shame. I used to listen to Pantera alot back in the day. Dimebag was a very cutting edge guitarist. It is a sad day when something like this happens. It seems to me that they should have had a metal detector or something. Seems like most shows I go to have them. Maybe it could have prevented this tradgedy. Any how it is a damn shame. He will be missed...

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

RIP i have pantera in my cd player now. I was going to make a post similar to this one yesterday but never got around to it. He was an amazing musician whos skill and talent could not even be measured. god bless him.
        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
          I was shocked when I heard about that. Such a shame. I used to listen to Pantera alot back in the day. Dimebag was a very cutting edge guitarist. It is a sad day when something like this happens. It seems to me that they should have had a metal detector or something. Seems like most shows I go to have them. Maybe it could have prevented this tradgedy. Any how it is a damn shame. He will be missed...
          The shooter had aparently jumped an 8 foot fence to get into the concert. They say he didn't have tickets and had gotten kicked out when he tried to get in through the main entrance. Regardless of how he got in, his mind was set on killing Darrell.
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

R.I.P. Brother "Dime".

Comment

i love pantera and Dime was one great guitarist.
              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Its a sad day in the world to see one of our brother go down in the ignorance of a man. He will continue to spread the hell around. "I Will be sadden"
                LIVE IT BROTHER!!! Show my love for the band.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

HE WILL ALWAYS BE FOREVER A COWBOY FROM HELL

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                  2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

An amazing guitarist has been stolen from us by one lunatic. He was a musical inspiration for me and still is. He will always live on through the speakers in my t/a.

My heart goes out to the 4 innocent victims and their families whose lives were so brutally stolen from them far too soon.

R.I.P.
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I too was gonna make a thread like this the other day but didnt, im glad someone did. Its weird about 2 weeks ago i started listening to pantera again and thats all i would play and air guitar to it and now hes gone...he was one of the best, i never did get to go to one of their shows always wanted 2, he will greatly be missed.

R.I.P "DIMEBAG"
                      1967 Camaro "Project"
                      1972 Chevelle "454"
                      1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

I was blessed enough to see them at the old E center in NJ. The first concert Id ever been too with Deftones, White Zombie and Pantera! It was amazing.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Working...
                        X