Belt ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt ?

It seams like I remember reading on the board that the Goodyear Gatorback belt would stop the annoying squeaking noises but I'm having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know who sells them?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Well..... the goodyear belt didn't solve mine. I ended up going with an underdrive pulley. I was getting belt squeek on a gearchange due to the accessories not being able to slow down fast enough. I tried different belts, cleaning the pulleys, etc...... nada. Once I went with the underdrive pulleys, the problem went away. Not sure for certain who carries the goodyear belt.

Comment

I just found that Summit carries them. They list them by the number of ribs and length. Now to figure out the ribs and length. They didn't make it easy.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Figured it out GTR-4060642

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Well..... the goodyear belt didn't solve mine. I ended up going with an underdrive pulley. I was getting belt squeek on a gearchange due to the accessories not being able to slow down fast enough. I tried different belts, cleaning the pulleys, etc...... nada. Once I went with the underdrive pulleys, the problem went away. Not sure for certain who carries the goodyear belt.
          I will keep that in mind. I don't want to under drive it just to get it to stop squeaking.

Comment

Ironically, I bought mine brand new and it did it from day one. The dealer couldn't solve it either.

Comment

Working...
            X