Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N*F*B: What should I be paying for a used Z06?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N*F*B: What should I be paying for a used Z06?

This one is for Norm especially...

I've got about 10K in equity in the Trans Am, which I am looking to sell. If I apply that back in to a C5 Z06 (02-04) I should be able to lower my monthly payments by about $70-$100!!!! It sounds like a win-win if you ask me ...

I would be looking for one in good condition -- mileage doesn't matter as long as the condition is good... what do you think I can expect to pay for one?

A couple guys I am talking to go like this:

2002 Red, stock, 10,000 miles $32K
    2002 Black, stock+Z16 chrome rims, 9000 miles $33.5K
    2002 Red, stock, 12,000 miles $34.9K

What do you guys think?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Do it Jay! We will bolt on the hairdryers later.

Comment

put all the stock parts back jay and sell modified parts to me cheap cos i like that 405hp.
      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
      SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Corvette Forum

Please excuse where I've drooled on the web pages.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          That would be INSANE !!!
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

I dont' know, Kev... that's gonna add a lot of weight to the front of an amazing handling car... I wouldn't want to ruin that aspect of its performance.

Maybe a 408 + H/C ??? 500 rwhp in one of these things would be SICK.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              I dont' know, Kev... that's gonna add a lot of weight to the front of an amazing handling car... I wouldn't want to ruin that aspect of its performance.

Maybe a 408 + H/C ??? 500 rwhp in one of these things would be SICK.
              Would you really think you would notice another 50-60 lbs up front with about 700-800 to the wheels. Screw naturally aspirated!

Comment

Would you really think you would notice another 50-60 lbs up front with about 700-800 to the wheels. Screw naturally aspirated!
                Sure! And since we're obviously working with a blank check here, why don't we make the block, heads, and entire rotating assmebly out of titanium to compensate for the extra weight???? How does a 150 lb engine sound? LOL...

Just kidding, obviously

Comment

I know money is your main priority, Jay, but something tells me when you're passing up a C6 ZO6 in your C5 ZO6, you're jaw's gonna drop. It's like coming up to a Viper in your T/A at a light. You just think, "Oh $h#t." That is if your car's stock

What color you aiming for?
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    I know money is your main priority, Jay, but something tells me when you're passing up a C6 ZO6 in your C5 ZO6, you're jaw's gonna drop. It's like coming up to a Viper in your T/A at a light. You just think, "Oh $h#t." That is if your car's stock

What color you aiming for?
                    The C6 Z06 is probably going to be $70K... A Z06 for a 23 year old in already unreasonable enough, let's not get ridiculous!

Besides, I will be transferring the full $10K in equity from the Trans Am to the Z06... being that the Z06 is used, it has already taken its biggest depreciation hit. I can pay on this for a year or two, probably build another $8-10K in equity in it that way... and if I can bank another $15K on the side in a year or two... that's about a $45K downpayment on a $70K car.

That would be a $450ish/month payment. Which I can do ...

The C6 Z06 will be in my garage... eventually...

Comment

I want red, by the way.

Comment

Have you checked insurance yet Jay - I remember you being really pi$$ed off when you got the insurance quote on a Cavalier.
                        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                          Have you checked insurance yet Jay - I remember you being really pi$$ed off when you got the insurance quote on a Cavalier.
                          Yes, this time around I have checked

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                            Sure! And since we're obviously working with a blank check here, why don't we make the block, heads, and entire rotating assmebly out of titanium to compensate for the extra weight???? How does a 150 lb engine sound? LOL...

Just kidding, obviously
                            MTI made a clear lid. Maybe they can make a clear block. That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                              Here are the numbers:

Right now, the Trans Am is on a joint insurance plan with my mom.

The Trans Am costs $1133 a year for full coverage.

When I turn 23 in May, my mom is booting me off her coverage on to my own, and full coverage will cost $1759 a year

BUT>>>>>>>>

On the Corvette, full coverage, IN MY NAME, would be $1298 a year.

It's $460 a year cheaper for a Vette than a Trans Am!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is that??

Comment

Working...
                              X