Header install quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header install quotes

I want to put long tubes on my t/a. Speed Inc. said they would do it for $400. Does that sound reasonable or what have you guys been quoted at?
    tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

That can't be total cost... do you already have the headers? There's no way the headers are included in that price.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It would be $400 for the labor of the headers to be installed. No parts included.
      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

I was quoted 200 when i had mine but i just did it myself. Its not to bad if you have the tools.
        1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
        1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

my take on the subject is this...... If you aren't mechanically inclined, $400 can seem like a bargain. If you are handy with a wrench, $400 can seem like you are being taken.

Comment

I put on Pacesetter LTs this past weekend with a 3" Off-road Y and no cats. The drivers side went on in about 1 Hour, the other side took me about 8, but there was a significant lack of instructions(None) with my headers. The Headers are very nice and the Y Pipe fit like a glove. I just think I got a box without any instructions. I would say $300 would be a steal to pay someone to put em on.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Nothing like the gratification of doing it yourself. Headers are an easy install relatively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB58
                I put on Pacesetter LTs this past weekend with a 3" Off-road Y and no cats. The drivers side went on in about 1 Hour, the other side took me about 8, but there was a significant lack of instructions(None) with my headers. The Headers are very nice and the Y Pipe fit like a glove. I just think I got a box without any instructions. I would say $300 would be a steal to pay someone to put em on.
                How loud is your car now? What kind of catback do u use? I have stock manifolds and y pipe with a cut out and just the cut out isnt loud enough for me. I want to do LT's, y pipe and stock exhaust becuase i have a cut out already there. What kind of tools would i need for install, my buddy went to UTI and he just put a supercharger on his 95 z, so u think he would be able to do this?
                tom

Comment

I am running it with a cutout on stock exhaust. Truly, it sounds shitty and I am already looking for a catback. It just sounds like a horrible exhaust leak. I would think that if your buddy can do a supercharger then he would be able to do this. The biggest tool is patience, do not rush yourself. I just used various box end wrenches, sockets and extensions, and swivels.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Just for refference I had my headers and catback installed at a dealership(yes you read right ) and it only cost me $425(Canadian $$ too). I had a buddy there that helped a little with the prices though. Wasnt a huge discount. So I think that $400 is a little much. If I could do it again I definately do it myself, I regret paying someone to do it. But the dealership's work is guaranteed for life.
                    97 SS #C007
                    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

check www.rathmotorsports.com....there pretty cheap for installs

Comment

Working...
                      X