No announcement yet.

A few pics of my Zr1's on the Formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, that stance is perfect. Is it just my eyes, or does it look lower than freds? That a 2" drop? Joe's post has me sold on the intrax 2" springs. Freds looks more like 1.5" or so. I love. Very nice man, love the alloys on the Firebirds.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Mine is lower than Fred's cause he needs room to run the Slicks. Here is a side shot of the 17x11 rim.
      Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        WOW, that stance is perfect. Is it just my eyes, or does it look lower than freds? That a 2" drop? Joe's post has me sold on the intrax 2" springs. Freds looks more like 1.5" or so. I love. Very nice man, love the alloys on the Firebirds.
        The back of my car actually sits 1/2" higher than stock. That is a result of using the Eibach Drag Launch springs. Makes it a little better fit for the 28" Mickey T's. The front may be a shade under stock height, but not much... a combination of the QA1/HAL drag springs and adjustable height shocks.

Your wheels definitely look different...... part of that may also be the lugs.... mine are "duplex" length 1/2-20 to fit over the 3" studs.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The front rims on my car have a sharper edge to the spokes compared to the rear. Are yours like that as well Fred? I also have the AFS 17x9.5 17x11 polished combo. Another thing I noticed on barrys wheels are the silver paint and polished lip. I didnt know they had that !
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

That was also a change. They used to offer them with just the edge of the lip polished, then they made some with no polished lip at all. I think their maufacturer screwed up. Then they did the wider polished lip. I waited months to get these off Ebay, and watched them go through the different sets.
            Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

The front and rear wheels are the same on mine, with the softer, rounded edges on the spoke. The picture above is the rear wheel. This is the front wheel:

I remember helping a guy out in a post on cz28.com..... three of his wheels had the "open" holes for the lugs, but the fourth one had a deep "closed" hole for the lug nut that was so narrow he couldn't get a "standard" thin-wall socket into it.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hmmm.... Thats wierd! I wonder how I ended up with the sharp edges on the front
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
                  I just cant will or force my self to use a hammer on my car kudos to you that can, I think with the right spacing I can still fit an 11 inch rim under my formula without beating her, and sticking out from under the wheel well.
                  If your car is at stock height you may not need to beat anything. As Fred has stated many times the tolerances on the cars vary greatly. I have a funny feeling that if my car wasn't lowered I may not have had to do anything other than bolt these wheels on.

One other thing: I did not grind the Bump stops and when I jacked it from the side it did not hit the wheel. I will be pulling the wheels this weekend to respray the undercoating that I knocked off. I will see then how much clearance there is for me.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that chrome plating has a harder time staying attached to the base metals at sharp angle bends. Perhaps the edges were smoothed slightly to promote a longer lasting finish. Chrome usually starts peeling at an edge, not on a smooth rounded portion so there may be something to that.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      Not to hijack the thread, but be careful about advertised drop from a manufacturer. I've found that what is advertised, will likely not be the actual drop. It is best to see the results from what others have experienced. I was doubtful of the advertised drop of the Intrax springs, thats why I did a little research first. It sure seems like the Intrax 2" drop appears identical to another manufacturer's 1.5" drop..... so ya never really know until you see them on someone else's car. The only thing that is probably a guarantee is that one manufacturer's 1.5" drop will be lower than the same company's 1" drop. The advertised drop is very dependant on what the initial measurement is on the test vehicle that was used. For example, if a regular Camaro were the starting point, you may very well see a 1.5" drop. However, if an SS with a level 1 suspension were the starting point, it isn't going to drop that an additional 1.5 inches. It is most helpful to take a measurement from the ground to the fender lip just above the wheel and compare ride heights with other vehicles.

Comment

You are correct. I chose these springs based on what I read and the 1st hand experience of a friend who had this setup on his car. I drove it and liked the way it rode and handled. But because of sound insulation in the back of my car that he did not have Mine sat a little lower in the rear than his.

Comment

Working...
                        X