It's coldddd!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's coldddd!!!

I'm going home for college break and plan to drive the Tranny as long as it's dry. When is cold too cold to drive her? I do have the throttle body bypass.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

I'm no expert, but as long as there is no snow on the ground you should be okay. I'm sure some of the northern people will chime in.
    Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Not sure how your mods would affect it, but I drive mine in -30 temps here in Saskatchewan. You need a block heater for anything colder than like -15, and it is kind of sluggish to start when it get colder than that, but it will run fine once warmed up. I would just recommend putting synthetic oil in it on your next change, that should help.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Thanks Todd dang thats cold. Always Mobil 1 sync.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I've had mine through 2 PA winters and its no where near -30 but some nights have dipped into the single digits once in a while you'll see negative but not very far below. The tb bypass shouldn't do anything to hurt you and if you would be worried about it icing up and sticking just let the car warm up and you'll never have a worry (not that it ever would). Just be really careful if you ever get caught in the snow its not fun in these cars.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I'm assuming Todd is talking Celsius. I plug mine in at anything under 20 F.
            Synthetic will help esp. with reducing startup wear on the top end.
            But i agree, as long as you let it warm up it will run fine. If you have a 160 thermostat it will take longer to heat up and run a lot colder though.

P.S.
            -30C = -22F
            -15C = +5F
            Still darned cold
            PPS
            This is the most fun winter car I have driven since we sold our Talon TSi AWD
            '95 Trans Am 6spd- broke
            '77 dodge custom 150 2wd tire destroyer- 440ci w/edelbrock intake, thorley headers, 2000 stall, ported heads and surface rust
            2005 Kawasaki z1000 - getting too cold for that though

Comment

Mine is a daily driver in Cincinnati, Ohio - so it sees every cold and snowy day that mother nature can throw at it. Not quite as cold as Canada, but cold enough for me.
              Either way you shouldn't have to worry about the cold at all. Like they said just take it easy in the snow and you'll be fine.

Randy
              99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
              93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I made it through one winter here, it was not bad just give it the time to warm up and you should be fine.
                -Nick-
                95 A4 Z28

Comment

Mine ran pretty strong in the cold. I put it away last week so it's only seen temps in the 40's. This week is about 20's but she's not coming out till spring so let the begin
                  99 Black WS6
                  99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
                  94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                  X