NFB: I cannot believe some people...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: I cannot believe some people...

Most of you don't know this, I work for a high end music retailer of keyboard instruments. It is a corporation of 35 stores, mostly in regional malls. That being said, here is the scenerio:

An elderly woman drops her husband off in my store, she takes off to go shopping. He proceeds to go from instrument to instrument, intruding into teaching sessions, product demonstrations and in general takes up my salespeople's time. That by itself isn't the worst thing in the world, a little control can often overcome situations like this. The part that has me totally enraged is that the guy has Alzheimer's. The fact that he has the disease isn't the part that is maddening. What in the hell is the wife thinking? How can she just simply drop him off somewhere for someone else to babysit him while she goes shopping and eating? People like that should be educated to the dangers of leaving someone like that by themselves. Over the last several years, I've seen on several occations the local police department on a full fledged manhunt, looking for an elderly Alzheimer's patient that has wandered off.

For anyone out there with a loved one in this condition, don't do this to them. Take them with you if you must run errands. God forbid something happens to them when they are out of your sight, you'll never forgive yourself. Just don't do it.

I have an Ice Cream stand and we had a lady that would give her 3 kids $5.00 saturday morning and go shopping for 3 hours while we were stuck with the kids,I nearly ripped her F ing head off !!!!!!

People are DUMB !!!!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

hmm

I wonder what the guy with Alzheimer's thinks.

DJ
      95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

Nothing!

Depending of the illness progress.

We just admitted my father in law to a hospital / care unit for patients with Alzheimers. He can still talk and recognizes people. He forgets a lot of things though and sometimes tells the same story several times.

It's pretty sad there. It's a locked unit and most of the people there don't say anything or do anything. They just sit there all day. The nurses wheel them in front of the big screen TV to clean their rooms and they just sit there.

I don't think they even register what is going on. A really sad place. I guess the toughest part for the family members it when they don't recognize you anymore.

Neverless not a wise move to just leave him in the store and walk away for a couple of hours. AT some point he will not remember why he's there and just walk out and away.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X