Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Anyone with any Lincoln LS Experience??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Anyone with any Lincoln LS Experience??

My Fiancee' and I are seriously looking at purchasing an early (00-01) model. We're looking at a 00 with 75K fully loaded V8 Sport package today, the guy is only asking 10.9K for it.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these cars, like maintenance, how they are in rain/snow, reliability issues, ect. I've searched around and found some magazine articles, but am left wondering about and "unbiased" experience.

thanks.
    Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

GF's dad got an 01 with low miles for 17K a year or two ago.

After the first couple months, it needed a complete rebuild, I don't know why. He said he didn't want a rebuild, so they gave him a brand new engine. Car has been in the shop many many times. For days at a time. The most recent was the rear window quit working. He has a lot of electrical problems as well. Wipers come on when certain things are turned on, etc... Not a very good car from what I can see. Don't know though. Try carsurvy. Here is one.

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_52008.html

You can find more entries. I would personally look into something else.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

A buddy of mine bought one about a year and half ago. it seems like that damn thing is in the dealers every month. POS IMO
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Something very similar would be a Caddy Catera which can be found round that price range. Plus it zigs and the Lincoln LS does not zig!!!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Wow....... I knew that there were some minor problems, but dang. I'm going to delve into it some more, but it's ultimately going to be her call since she's going to pay for it.

Thanks a TON for the heads up though!
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

It's a ford at heart man, what do you expect?
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              It's a ford at heart man, what do you expect?
              AMEN, I just didn't wanna be the first to say it!!!

Comment

Working...
              X