04 GTO's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 GTO's

I was surfing on another forum and heard a number of people who have recently got 04 GTO's for $23,900. Appearently this is a national protocol. Can any of my F-buds verify this? I might come back to the Pontiac family at that price.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

The 04 GTO sold poorly, lots of "leftovers", and is heavilly discounted. Pontiac dealers were originally trying to charge premiums over "sticker", and drove off a lot of potential customers. Then GM shot themselves in the foot by announcing too far in advance that the 05's would get the LS2 engine.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yeah, you can get one for that price
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Yeah, look on ebay there are some with less than 5k miles for under $25.
        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

$5500 rebate right now on GTO's.

FYI, they made 15,728 '04 GTO's. Almost 13K have already been sold so there's not that many still floating around. The '05's have just hit California this week. So figure dealers will start to get them as early as next week. But most will start getting them in Jan '05.
          Rob
          04 GTO

Comment

I just stopped by the local dealer this morning on the way to work. They confirmed this and will me one for the $23,900... no stick shift cars around here though. All are automatics.

Comment

Apparently there was also a distribution problem with the '04's. Way too many of them went to the mid-west area as opposed to the souther states where a rwd coupe would obviously sell better. Add on top of that some horendous initial markups and you can see why they sold poorly.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
              X