Rough Idle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idle

This just started happening today when I was on my way to the muffler shop. Car was running fine and once it got up to operating temp it started loping at idle. Very regular in time with the exhaust. I thought "oh, it's finally starting to get mad about having the muffler hanging off". With all of the other rattling from the exhaust system it didn't seem like a big deal. Now with the new pipes on it seems even more pronounced. Doesn't feel like it's missing, my cutlass used to do that. It's very odd because it wasn't a gradual change, it just started happening all of a sudden. Do you think it's mad because I filled up with 87 for the first time? No SES either.
    1989 TA
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
    K&N CAI
    Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Time to check the ignition componants. If that doesn't solve it, check the injectors. Maybe one is partially plugged or worn out.

Comment

Took it to the mechanics this morning. Too darn cold outside to work on it. Wish I could though.
      1989 TA
      Flowmaster exhaust
      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
      K&N CAI
      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

All the spark plugs are bad. Kinda hacks me off that if it wasn't so cold I'd jave checked that first. Also told me that vibration I've been feeling is from both the axels being bent. Anyone know any where I can find decent prices? They want 7-800 to rebuild incl. parts and labor
        1989 TA
        Flowmaster exhaust
        Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
        K&N CAI
        Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Working...
        X