Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket upgrade suggestions

i'm a newbie!
    i have a 2000 pontiac firebird 3800 A4, 51000 miles. i am wondering what kind of aftermarket is available for HP upgrades under $300. or if anyone knows any online whole-salers that i could get the parts cheap.
    also, where can i locate the TPS and what should i use to clean it?
    thanks
    2000 Firebird, midnight blue, chrome 5 spokes

no suggestions? i'm looking to get around 225-250 HP without going with a supercharger or turbo upgrade. any help is appreciated!

Comment

The basics are a good way to start. Good exhaust system, upgraded intake, shift kit, etc. As for the TPS sensor, its on the side of the throttle body. Should have a 2-wire lead coming off of it.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
        The basics are a good way to start. Good exhaust system, upgraded intake, shift kit, etc. As for the TPS sensor, its on the side of the throttle body. Should have a 2-wire lead coming off of it.
        cool deal. thanks! i was looking to do a performance chip, and a dual exhaust kit perhaps. right now all i have is a K&N filter.
        its hard going from a 1969 Firebird with a modded 350 to a 2000 3.8 Firebird. it pulls good for a V-6, that surprised me, but still.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can upgrade it to dual exhaust or not. If you mean dual tailpipes, then check out www.rksport.com as I have seen some aftermarket kits for the V6 F-body. As for the computer, I believe you will have to program it, as the chip cannot be removed. Yeah, the 6 pulls decently, but an 8 is always nice. What happened to the Firebird? Got any pics of it?
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yeah i have pics, i will have to post them. well, being a northern car, it suffered 30 years of WI winter before i got my hands on it. i had it done up really nicely, but the rear frame-rails couldnt handle the power that i put under the hood. both of the rear frame rails cracked, and the only thing that held the car together after that were the sub-frame connectors and the traction bars. i still drove it for about 2 weeks after the rails cracked, because it was still drivable, just not at the track. when i finally started working on it, i had the interior completly gutted in about 2 hours, i realized that i didnt have enough time or money at the time, and i didnt have much good metal to weld to. so i parked it behind the garage with a cover on it, then eventually sold it to my dad. my dad (at the time had a project Chevelle in the garage) never got around to working on it either. by this time i had already stripped the engine of all the performance parts. my dad then sold it to a friend of his that worked on it for a while, put a big block in it, and the last i heard it was on the road again. the last time i saw it it was on the back of a flat bed truck after my dad sold it (i since had moved to CA). i owned it for 2 years and had taken it to a lot of shows.
            i will get picks up later on today, i have to dig up the CD that i have the images saved on.

BTW, thanks for the link and the extra info!

Comment

SLP makes a higher ratio rocker http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=51116 that would be the equivalent to a mild cam change, a catback from an V8 car can be substituted for the factory cat back, a 1LE aluminum driveshaft is another mod that will free up a few HP as well as lightweight wheels and tires. Decent mods are going to cost a little more than 3 bills.

Comment

My 69 Firebird

Comment

Ok here it is FINALLY!
                  i have more, like engine and trunk and interior i'll have to play around with the pics some more
                  Attached Files

Comment

engine pic. it's an Olds 350 rocket.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can you guys see it? I'm hoping that it's working?

Comment

Working...
                      X