Couple questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions

First, my light went out that lights up the controls on the left side of my steering wheel last night. I tried to search for this and looked at robs shoebox website, but couldnt find anything. Any guys ever have to do this, any insight on how to change it?

Also, just out of curiousity. When i use my rear defogger, i can use it once, then i have to wait like 5 minutes or so. After those five minutes, i can use it again. Then, though, after i use it for those 2 times, i cannot use it anymore for like at least 25 minutes. This is getting annoying on some of these cold days, especially when i'm trying to back out of a space and i'm denied the use of my defogger. Just curious if this happens to anyone else too or if my cars being moody cuz its that time of the month or something

Thanks as always guys

Chris
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

While I know of a few guys that have opened up the controls to replace the light, occationally it works but the general consesus is that it is better to just replace the control pod. It pries out, the new one pops in.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      While I know of a few guys that have opened up the controls to replace the light, occationally it works but the general consesus is that it is better to just replace the control pod. It pries out, the new one pops in.
      Looks like that's what I'm doin then.

Thanks joe
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

tried to replace the LED...didn't work.

I reassembled everything and the botton stopped working...LOL...but then it started to work again.

I'd just get another one...that's what I did...LOL

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Where did you get your control pod. I just tried gmparts and came up with nothing. Tried doin a search and ebay, and nothing as well, other than a whole new steering wheel which is not necessary.

Comment

dealer...$93 each.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
              dealer...$93 each.
              That's what i was dreading.... Looks like its not gettin fixed anytime too soon....eventually when i have extra $$$ to blow

Thanks again

Comment

Call Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor. 1-877-726-8295

The best discount dealer pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  Call Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor. 1-877-726-8295

The best discount dealer pricing.
                  Joe......you rule man.

I called the stealearship yesterday....$138 + shipping....no way

Thanks again buddy, appreciate it

Comment

There's a write-up on clubgp.com on how to replace these lights. I don't think it's the best write-up, but if you can decipher the directions, you can replace the bulb for next to nothing.... If it'll save you $100, it's worth a try. I've got one I need to replace too.

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=112
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                    X