Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOS, fast and the furious brand or serious nitrous company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS, fast and the furious brand or serious nitrous company?

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on NOS products. Does this company actually make good gear or have they turned into something for the F&F crowd?
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
    I was wondering if I could get some opinions on NOS products. Does this company actually make good gear or have they turned into something for the F&F crowd?
    all the companys make great products, NOS, Nitrous Works, TNT, ZEX, Edelbrock..... I like NOS however.... I really like there NOSzzel kit, which is a no drill direct port injection kit
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

I run a 275-300HP dry nitrous setup. All the components are NOS, except the nitrous filter, which is from NX. The shop that built my engine has a 7.0-second Pro 5.0 Mustang. It runs the NOS NOSzle system, as a dry setup. I think its a "serious" company.

This is a stock bottom end LS1 that runs mid-10's with an NOS-5177 dry kit.

Like any company, some of its products are among the best, others are only "so-so". But overall, its much more than "nawzzzz".
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Holley has been building quality products for many years. Including their NOS line. Their n20 products are competitive with the best of them. And for the price, the have some really good bang-for-the-buck systems (kits) tailored for basically stock cars.

Comment

I personally run NOS on my car as well, but I know a lot of people that run NX systems and are happy with them. NOS definitely has more money behind them, and more products available, not to mention just about every performance shop in the world stocks their products. If you ever need something, there's usually somebody close by that can get it for you. Some of the other companies you might be stuck with mail order or internet if something goes bad.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

A lot of companies are now making very good N2O kits and components. NOS certainly doesn't have a lock on the market. I've seen some nice stuff from TnT.

I had one of the first NOS-5176 kits that they built, and got excellent service from them, including a couple visits to their shop in Cypress, CA - that was before Holley bought them. Many of the components I am using in my present setup are from my original 5176 kit, making them more than 9 years old. The fuel pump they supplied back then (the one in the picture above) was actually a Bosch pump out of a Porsche Turbo (OEM). It is so good that I replaced my in-tank pump with one as well. But they no longer supply that particular pump with that part number. The solenoids have all been rebuilt at least once.

I think NOS got a bad rap because of their poor "tech line" responses.... seemed like they had an "A-team" and a "B-team", and if you happened to connect with the B-team guy, you could end up with some bad info.

I use NOS on everything

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X