Build number information?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build number information?

I'm sure this has been answered before, please excuse me if I put my n00bie hat on for a bit...

I'm trying to sell my car and I want to know before I sell it, what number Trans Am it is. My VIN is 2G2FV22G422100061, so it was only the 61st Firebird made in '02. If it was the first Trans Am, or the first WS6, or the first black Firebird... you know, something unique, I want to know this before I sell it.

Any idea how I can find out?

Thanks in advance...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Jay does this help?

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/build_c...2_firebird.htm
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Yeah, that does help a lot actually. It doesn't pinpoint what my exact number is, but... if WS6 coupes were 17% of total Firebird production, and mine was #61... then mine was probably one of the first ten WS6s built.

Then, 29.7% of WS6 coupes were black... applied to the first ten narrows us down to the first 4.

Add in manual transmission and ebony interior, and I just might have the first one...

Pretty cool
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Yeah, that does help a lot actually. It doesn't pinpoint what my exact number is, but... if WS6 coupes were 17% of total Firebird production, and mine was #61... then mine was probably one of the first ten WS6s built.

Then, 29.7% of WS6 coupes were black... applied to the first ten narrows us down to the first 4.

Add in manual transmission and ebony interior, and I just might have the first one...

Pretty cool
        Great.......now J is going to add 10k to his asking price!

Comment

Working...
        X