Oil Pan and Crank Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan and Crank Hub

OK just a couple of questions. Does either Moroso or Canton make and oil pan with extra quart capacity for 93-97 camaro/firebird? I looked on both of their sites and couldn't find anything for LT1blocks. Second, I know the book says to mark the crank hub assembly as to it's orientation. But I'm putting a new hub and ATI damper onto a new engine and didnt know if I had to figure out how to line it up or not being that there is not keyway. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
    1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Moroso and Canton both make oil pans for the LT1, but don't be surprised if they leak. Mine did and so did most of the people who I knew had theirs leak as well. I ended up going with a Stef's. No leaks ever, awesome quality.

Thunder Racing makes a keyed hub for the LT1 crank snout.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=4&pcid=239

Comment

Thanks FastTA for the advice. Where did you get the Stef's pan? What quart capacity is it. And BTW I already bought a new hub, but I just wasn't sure if I have to worry about how it was installed on the new crank because they neutral balanced the assembly?
      1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Comment

Due to the fact that these are crank dampers and not balancers, it won't matter what orientation you install the new hub.

Comment

It is not a matter of balance or dampening physics. The OEM LT1 crankshaft has a keyway however the OEM crank hub does not. It is imperative that you reinstall a crank hub that has a provision for a keyway. The OEM crank hub is simply press fit onto the crank snout, and once it is removed there is absolutely no guarantee that the re-used OEM crank hub will keep it's position on the crank snout.

It is not worth the agony of having a crank pulley slipping due to the crank hub slipping.

Comment

Working...
          X