loudmouth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loudmouth

what do you guys think about slp loudmouth? Are there any other suggestions of exhaust that would sound good on an LT-1? I personally think Flowmaster is overrated and overpriced.

i love my SLP Loudmouth. its good quality stanless steel, it cleans up the bottom of the rear section of the car since it has no muffler, it sounds awesome with my 3 inch y-pipe. great price 2....
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I have an 01 ss.....I have loudmouth with 3 inch y pipe and long tube headers. Sounds freegin' rediculous....I wouldn't have it any other way lol. Sounds great with just the slp though.....I did have a 97 a few yrs ago and I had borla on that. I like both a lot but borla gets $$$

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
      lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

Originally posted by Stealin hubcaps
        what do you guys think about slp loudmouth? Are there any other suggestions of exhaust that would sound good on an LT-1? I personally think Flowmaster is overrated and overpriced.
        Depends on what sound you want. I have a magnaflow on my LT1, and everybody compliments it. Not crazy loud. Sounds awesome. I don't like the sound of the loudmouth personally, but I love the magnaflow. It just depends on what you like, or want your exhaust to sound like..
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I too love the sound of my LM. Mine is loud but it is the exact way I like it. I think it helps if you have a mufflerless cat back to keep your cats. I think they help to take a little rasp out of the sound. A buddy of mine has a Mufflex cat back with the Spintech muffler and it sounds awesome. It is about the same as mine at idle, deep and mellow, but get into it and I think it keeps a tiny bit deeper tone and is just a little quieter than my LM. Prob the choice if I hadnt gone with the LM.
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            Depends on what sound you want. I have a magnaflow on my LT1, and everybody compliments it. Not crazy loud. Sounds awesome. I don't like the sound of the loudmouth personally, but I love the magnaflow. It just depends on what you like, or want your exhaust to sound like..
            I also can't stand the sound of the LM. Totally wrong exhaust note and extremely raspy and poppy. Not a quality catback in my opinion. Go with a Corsa or Magnaflow. Much better quality and sound.

Comment

Luv my LM. I was afraid it might be too loud, but I find it is tame untill you get on it. You can drive respectfully without drawing attention to yourself if you pay attention. But when you get on it, look out
              I believe the only way for you to determine if it is right for your taste is to hear it in person. Everyone has a different opinion of "loud". Word of caution....the sound clips I downloaded were not a good representation of the sound my car makes with the LM installed.
              IMO price + sound = A+
              2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
              buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
              Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

I've got the LM installed on my Z with a Sweet Thunder steel pack in place of the resonator. Sounds friggen awesome. I also was afraid of it being too loud...but when we fired her up for the first time, I knew it was just right lol . It definitely is an acquired taste, so hearing it on an LT1 in person is the best way to decide. But, for the price, you can't really beat it. It is tame at idle and cruising...but when you jump on it, it sounds like Armageddon lol...I miss it already . If you like it loud at WOT and grumbling at idle, the LM is definitely a good way to go. Take care.
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

i had the LM on my CompTA when the LM first came out..loved it. we also have it on our Firehawk. as you know, from a flow standpoint, nothing flows better as you add mods... the LM is wide open.

Flowmaster is nothing but a sound chamber...its not for performance.... you are right...overated.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have a LM on my stock Z28, and I love it.. I LUHHH IT!

It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud. And DEFINATELY not raspy, it sounds good.

DL this video -

That's me doing a quick donut with the loudmouth, pretty good representation of the sound. That's the only mod on my car right now.
                    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

I remember the day I put my exhaust on, before my gf heard it, I was headed to her house...

She calls me. "Did you just drive by?"

"No."

"Oh, I just saw a white camaro. It looked just like yours. It wasn't you?"

"Uhhh, I said no."

"All right good, that sounds awful."

She didn't believe me lol. I know who it was though, the kid has the LM. She said she could hear it blocks away, she thought it was me. She was much happier with the magnaflow's sound.
                      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Stealin hubcaps

So for throat and muscle sound, would i be better off with magnaflow...cause i dont want a raspy, sick sound, but some cackle is nice......the cops in this town look for things to pull you over for, so im thinkin that with LM i would probably easily get sound violation.....on the other hand, it is a good price for a catback......i dont know what to do!

Comment

As long as you don't drive it like you stole it, you'll be fine. I cruise by cops with the motor at 2-2.5k and they don't really care. If you want your machine to sound like it came from the 60's, go with the LM...you will not be disappointed, believe me . If you haven't already, check out JeffM's video...that's a pretty good idea of what it will sound like in person...without the actual effect of hearing it in person. If you want flow, the LM or Borla would be the way to go. Otherwise, its all up to your taste. The Magnaflow does sound pretty decent, but not as aggresive as the LM. There's also the regular cat-back system and the 2-on-the-left from SLP as well, but they're also not as aggresive. Good luck in your decision.
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

If you are looking for just the best sound possible, go with the Spintech setup. I had it on my 97 TA and it sounded perfect. A couple of my friends here in town with LT1's installed the LM only to pull it back off after a couple of weeks because they were annoyed by the sound of the LM.

Spintech's have a very good exhaust note and aren't excessively loud.

Comment

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has the LM on 3.4L, if so does it make a quality sound and what would i be lookin to pay for one of these. I know shes not a v8 but i will have to make do of what i got.......for now Parents still dont trust me with a ZzZZ

Comment

Working...
                              X