LS6 corvette exhaust manifold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS6 corvette exhaust manifold

Will a LS6 corvette exhaust manifold fit on my 98 A4 TA and if so do u think it is worth it for 50 dollars for a set of them
    1998 TA
    1970 GTO Judge
    1975 TA 6.6
    1970 Mach 1

im not exactly sure about the whole fitting thing but ive read that those manifolds make some pretty good power... they made like 6hp less than "long tube headers" which is pretty good in my book
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

It's not the parts, it's the labor. They won't be cheap to have installed, and they'll be a full day long project if you try to do it yourself -- and that's assuming you have a lift or ramps.

I can't imagine that any stock, iron, clunky manifold can come anywhere near the power you can gain through headers. But I suppose I could be wrong.

I know these are LS1 manifolds... but look at the difference between a "manifold" and a "header"

That's a pic from when I did my swap. I just can't imagine that a manifold can come close.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

dude i know its hard to belive but i read it in a mag stating that the stock vette manifolds made only a few less Hp then long tubes. trust me it was soo hard to find long tubes for the ls1 im putting in my 67 camaro and it said that u can put vette manifolds on the ls1 conversion into a 67 and it would only make a lil less power than long tubes but it would be easier and less expensive than to put in Long tubes. ill look for the article. by the way i do know the difference between the two
        1967 Camaro "Project"
        1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Only a 6 HP difference between the LS6 exhaust manifold and a good LT header is very hard to believe. Most guys see around a 22-25 RWHP gain by installing a set of quality LT's on a LS1/6 motor. Don't believe everything you read in magazines.

Comment

Where did my pic go?
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I can still see it
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

This is the only pic I could find online of the LS6 exhaust manifold. Small photo, but interesting. But doesn't look that great. I'd like to see the article that claims only 6HP for headers..... remember where you read it?

LS6 cast iron:

2002 F-Body cast iron (the 98's are stamped stainless steel, not CI):

Looks like the oulet is to close to the center for the LS6 to fit in a 4th Gen F-Body.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well im looking 4 the atricle now, im pretty sure it was in a car craft magazine but i got a bunch of em and its gonna take a while, and i know not to belive everything in magazines but when they prove it with a dyno..... so anyway ill post when i find it .
                  1967 Camaro "Project"
                  1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Wont work

thanks for all your input but i found out the answer and they will bolt up to my car but wont fit , i was told that there isn't enough room for the manifolds
                    1998 TA
                    1970 GTO Judge
                    1975 TA 6.6
                    1970 Mach 1

Comment

The orientation of the outlet is in the wrong place for an F-body. As far as the power claims, that depends on what rpm this takes place. Losing 6 HP to long tubes at 5000 rpm means nothing if the long tubes generate their peak power at 6200. I will say that years ago, Brudzinski was a maker of high flow exhaust manifolds that were darned near the power of headers, but I haven't heard that name in years. not long after I got my 97, I installed SLP extrude honed manifolds that gave me a 10 HP increase over the factory parts, but I still saw a power increase when I went to the SLP shorties.

Comment

they fit

the orientation isn't wrong they will fit on the car, it is jsut the fact that they wont fit in the car, i will let u know how it works out cuz for 50 dollars i am going to buy them so i will keep u updated on how it is progressing
                        1998 TA
                        1970 GTO Judge
                        1975 TA 6.6
                        1970 Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by birdman83
                          the orientation isn't wrong they will fit on the car, it is jsut the fact that they wont fit in the car,

Go ahead and bolt them up and when you can't get the exhaust downpipes to work because they are inthe wrong spot, then you will see exactly what has already been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman83
                            the orientation isn't wrong they will fit on the car, it is jsut the fact that they wont fit in the car, i will let u know how it works out cuz for 50 dollars i am going to buy them so i will keep u updated on how it is progressing
                            I think you missed the point. As Joe and Fred pointed out, it would appear that the collector's location in reference to the k-member and the strut tower would be very close if not improbable. This is not to say they absolutely won't work, but you might have a very difficult time routing the y-pipe from the collector.

Comment

well i couldnt find it.... my rooms a mess now lol, joe i think your right it was at a certain rpm that they were making power but i have no idea what rpm it was at.
                              1967 Camaro "Project"
                              1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Working...
                              X