NFB-saleen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB-saleen

There's a "saleen" (96ish style) drivin around my hometown. I've only seen it from a distance in my T/A, although I did pull a u-turn to hunt it down with no luck. Tonight I was turning in my moms V6 Ruststang and to my surprise the "saleen" was right there, so my headlight sweep the whole car. My question is, does a saleen have the 4.6L GT badging? This "saleen" had the badge. He threw me a rev (again i'm in my moms 01' ruststang...yeah). So, I want to hunt him down and ask to race up at the local track. Just wondering if this may be a true saleen or is just a wannabe.

Another question-What is the supercharged saleen called. It's something like sc6789 (thats not it, just an example).

Thanks a bunch for any information. I will ask to race him at the track, not on the street.

Adam

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

There is a S281 and a 351 if I'm not mistaken.
    Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry 94Formula
      There is a S281 and a 351 if I'm not mistaken.
      Yeah, that sounds right... the 281 isn't s/c and the 351 is.? I think.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm
        http://www.saleen.com/index.html will tells you about saleen.
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

The 281 and 351 refer to the engine size. If it is supercharged it shoud say on the back of the car under the badge...should say SC281, then supercharged under it.
          2000 Camaro SS #3507

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/775745

Comment

Is it just me, or is the new Mustang one UGLY MUTHA ! I've seen a few here around town, and I've yet to catch a good looking angle of one! I think the rear of the car is probably the worst part. Those tail lights are just so plain, and taste less. I wont even get started on the interior! I guess you must really have to be a fan of the classic to appreciate the new style !

I've always liked the agressive look of the Saleen Mustang, but this falls short of what I've come to expect from a tuned car.
            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

It's just you. I saw one yesterday that was black with a set of Chrome aftermarket wheels. Very nice. The only thing I don't like from a styling standpoint it the rear quarter panel windows. If I had one I'd cover those up.
              Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

I think they are very cool. There is a wheel option on the V6 cars that is a replica of the old cobra wheel complete with a spinner. Too bad that design isn't available on the V8. I checked them out at the local dealer. One of these years when the hype of the new style cools down, I gotta get one. I was thinking about getting a premium V6, gutting the powertrain and putting in something serious, ala the way saleen does the cars only doing the work myself.

For what it's worth, these pics looks pretty darned good to me

I may have changed a couple of small items, but overall I think it's a great looker. Pics could be a little better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                  There's a "saleen" (96ish style) drivin around my hometown. I've only seen it from a distance in my T/A, although I did pull a u-turn to hunt it down with no luck. Tonight I was turning in my moms V6 Ruststang and to my surprise the "saleen" was right there, so my headlight sweep the whole car. My question is, does a saleen have the 4.6L GT badging? This "saleen" had the badge. He threw me a rev (again i'm in my moms 01' ruststang...yeah). So, I want to hunt him down and ask to race up at the local track. Just wondering if this may be a true saleen or is just a wannabe.

Another question-What is the supercharged saleen called. It's something like sc6789 (thats not it, just an example).

Thanks a bunch for any information. I will ask to race him at the track, not on the street.

Adam
                  The older S351s were a pretty serious automobile. If it was a newer style S281, it's pretty much a dog - even if it is supercharged.

Come to think of it, I do think that some of the older Saleen's still had the GT badge on them.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                  X