Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn saleen

darn saleen http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281

will it be great if ferrari makes cars with camaros body and trans am body ?
    and what the horsepower would be?

just like saleen make car like mustang.
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Is it just my computer or is that link not going to the Saleen web site?

http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
      Is it just my computer or is that link not going to the Saleen web site?

http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm
      Its not your computer... it goes to "Webmerge". He left the ".htm" off the end of the address.

I'm not so sure I understand what is so impressive about a 325HP Mustang with some clunky looking body panels glued on and an S281 badge.... and "wow" 400HP with an S/C. I've seen some Saleens race, and they were little more than decal packages.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        I've seen some Saleens race, and they were little more than decal packages.

Absolutely. They're pathetic. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that Saleen pulls in 40+K for those turds. They are NOTHING more than a nice body kit, rims, and decals on an overpriced grabass machine.

I raced a supercharged S281 head-up last spring...

+ = me
        - = Saleen

1st gear:
        +++++++>
        ---------->

2nd gear:
        ++++++++++++++++++>
        ---------------------->

3rd gear:
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>
        ----------------------------->

4th gear to finish:
        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>
        ------------------------------------------->

I had him by at least 5 cars. I trapped 109, he trapped 98. This was in that staunch headwind, so he can probably trap triple digits on a nice weather day... but is triple digits really an accomplishment for a 40+K car?????
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
          darn saleen http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281

will it be great if ferrari makes cars with camaros body and trans am body ?
          and what the horsepower would be?

just like saleen make car like mustang.
          Saleen was "tuning" Mustangs WWWAAAAYYYY before they built the S7, so I'm not sure what you're implying with the Ferrari comment...
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Yeah there are companys that take the LS6 and put it in a mid engine Carbonfiber body and call it a supercar
            1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
            2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
              Yeah there are companys that take the LS6 and put it in a mid engine Carbonfiber body and call it a supercar
              I think it was called the mosler...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That mosler only had the LS1, and it had a porshe tranny.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                  That mosler only had the LS1, and it had a porshe tranny.
                  found the article, its the Molser Photon...it had a LS2...bone stock.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

How quickly they forget...... not mid-engine.... but what difference did it make?

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

How quickly they forget...... not mid-engine.... but what difference did it make?

That's the C5R, Fred... Not the Mosler MT900...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                        That's the C5R, Fred... Not the Mosler MT900...
                        Thanks... I'm aware of that. I was simply responding to people who were impressed with the Saleen S7.
                        Fred

Comment

Thanks... I'm aware of that. I was simply responding to people who were impressed with the Saleen S7.
                          Oh. hehehehe...

Comment

I want Santa to bring me a 572", 770 HP ZL1 Camaro! "Estimated" 230 MPH top speed.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              I want Santa to bring me a 572", 770 HP ZL1 Camaro! "Estimated" 230 MPH top speed.

Nice, but its not $40k, I for once think it looks great, and I think its nice that the mustang is still around, I wish it was a Firebird or a Camaro that was in its place.
                              1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                              "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Working...
                              X