Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Bad couple of days. Read this to feel better about your day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Bad couple of days. Read this to feel better about your day.

it's not that cold out so i figured i'd go out and start the car a little bit to get it running. Turns out my battery was dead. It's only been sitting there for a month or so. It's a cheap battery. So i'm getting lights but not enough juice to even start to turn over the engine. I start unscrewing the + end with a socket and accidentally hit the coolant canister. Sparks went everywere and i had two mini fires in the hood of my car. I was flipping out so i grabbed the fire extinguisher and doused the battery. Fires were out. Turns out most of the fire was burning plastic. So the plastic cap on the opposite side of the AC canister melted along with plastic caps for the battery. The terminals are ruined to the battery and i need new battery wires and connections for the car. The only good thing is that it didn't blow a whole in the canister and my car didn't go up in flames. THis comes after a couple days ago having a experiance that could make me a unexpecting father and i tore off my ski on my sled the first day out causing about $1000 in damage. I think i should of stayed in bed the last 4-5 days. wake me up when christmas is here. p.s. i wiped away the extinguisher powder but didn't get all of it. can that harm paint? may be a dumb question. I ensist on everyone feeling better about there day compared to my couple. Anyone got any bad stories about themselves or friends that may bring my spirits up?
    99 Black WS6
    99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
    94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

sorry to hear about your bad turn of events. Next time you unhook your battery, disconnect the negative side first.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Yes, the extinguisher powder is corrosive. Use an air hose to blow it away, or vacum it up. Flush with plenty of water (But keep that away from the opti).

Have a Merry Christmas!
      The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

thats terrible .....but..........

take it from a 57 yr old........

"dont' sweat the small s#%t....cause its all small s#%t......"

and

when life gives you lemons.........make lemonaide!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you think of all the terrible stuff that happens to folks all the time, health, accidents, death, lost jobs........

go git em broh.......your'e fine

Merry Christmas!!!

from da wolfdog guy

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Look on the bright side........ I've had a blue tarp on my roof since the last hurricane, over $30,000 in damage and I will still have to wait maybe months more before I can even get the roof done, not to mention needing to gut half the house due to all the water damage and rebuild. Then there is the little curveball that my son won't be with me this Christmas, it's his turn to spend it with his mother.

Comment

Hey, no one here is going to feel better because you are having a hard time. We're not like that. Sometime bad luck comes in bunches, just ask Joe. Life's like that - always testing you. If everything was easy and perfect, and nothing ever went wrong, you wouldn't know if you have strength of character. What you do with the cards you're dealt is what counts. Sorry things aren't going your way and hope they get better soon.

Comment

I didn't think you guys would feel good about my misfortunes. Sometimes seeing other scenarios you say to yourself "jeez i guess my day wasn't that bad". Oh well. i guess it could of gone a lot worste. Thanks for the words of wisdom
              99 Black WS6
              99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
              94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Mach83
                i guess it could of gone a lot worste. Thanks for the words of wisdom
                Yup. You could have arc welded the wrench (with your hand still attached), the fire could have spread due to not having a fire extinguisher, you could have been knocked unconcious or worse, the car could have burned to the ground and all without insurance. Indeed, you are lucky!

Comment

Working...
                X